Thursday, March 31, 2016

Pulling Teeth

I love stamping, and making cards and scrapbook pages.  Otherwise, why would I have this blog?  But some days, it's just tough to make myself get in the craft room and make something, hence why this post is going up after 5:30 at night.  I just wasn't motivated today :p  But it's the last day of Sale-a-Bration so I finally came up with something.


Something very clean lines and simple, but I think it works.  It's a little difficult to tell in the photo, but I sponged a bit of Sahara Sand ink around the three Very Vanilla flower panels.  Speaking of Sahara Sand, I paired it with Delightful Dijon (which I don't use hardly ever) and Lost Lagoon thanks to the latest color challenge from Create with Connie and Mary:


Congratulations on your 400th challenge, ladies!  Very cool.  I also used the latest sketch from Just Add Ink:


Yesterday's sketch had three panels too, but the eye is attracted to groupings of odd numbers so you see triptych sketches a lot, actually.

That's it for me today, peeps.  Hopefully I'll have better luck tomorrow in getting my Friday Flashback post up before noon!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Flowering Fields, One Big Meaning
Ink:  Lost Lagoon, Sahara Sand, Delightful Dijon
Paper:  Lost Lagoon, Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Neutrals Candy Dots (and those things are a bugger to get off the backing sheet when you've just chopped off all your fingernails!)

12 comments:

Jenny Engelke said...

Lovely, clean and simple....that's the perfect combo when you don't have much motivation to stamp. Thanks for sharing with us at Create with Connie and Mary!

CCsMom said...

I REALLY like this card, Kik!!! It's perfect.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

A great CAS card Christy - I love the repetition of the flower image and the candy dots to anchor your sentiment banner. Thanks for joining us over at Create With Connie and Mary this week!

Jan said...

This is south a pretty thank you card Christy! Your perfectly lined up images are so sweet and delicate and love how the dots ground your sentiment too. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

Unknown said...

I love your card - it's my kind of card. Clean and simple and it looks great! Great use of the colours from the challenge! Glad you found the motivation to stamp in the end. I have days like that too! Thanks for joining us over at Create with Connie and Mary this week! :-)

Patrice said...

Nothing like a nice clean sketch to get you back into crafting when motivation is lacking....I like your single bloom repeated this way. A great card! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week, Christy. x

Anonymous said...

Great clean and simple card. I love the stamp set you used. Thank you for playing along with the Create with Connie and Mary challenge

Nikki Spencer said...

You're not alone on lack of motivation days Christy, l think we all have those on occasion...Well l know l do..:0) But you've picked 2 challenges that work great together and the outcome is a lovely clean card. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Chris Slogar said...

I love your combination of challenges with the Wildflower stamps! CAS, and so effective! Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

Connie Babbert said...

Love the panels on your card using the Wildflower! It is clean and simple, but wonderful those last minute cards we all need! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

What a great CAS card! I love that you kept those 'fussy' images simple by just stamping in a single color! Thanks for playing along this week at the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

dmgarafalo said...

I so get it about pulling teeth some days! I love your card. Not a bad result for a hard day!