Thursday, March 10, 2016

Sweet Orange

I have recently become ever so slightly obsessed with the My Little Pony cartoon, and it's funny when I'm naming blog posts on here that the post titles seem like they would be good pony names.  Hubs thinks the cartoon is ridiculous, but he watches Kung Fu Panda Legends of Awesome so he'd know ridiculous :p

Enough about cartoons, how about another Apple of My Eye card that does NOT feature any apples?


I can't help it, I love the citrus stamp.  And it's photopolymer so I was able to stamp the sentiment on top of the lemon without using a Stamp-a-ma-jig.  I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And also this week's Color Throwdown, love these colors:


I used Tangelo Twist (I'll miss it when it retires this summer), Daffodil Delight, and Old Olive.  And also some Early Espresso for the sentiment otherwise it wouldn't show up :)

Wish me luck, kids, I'm going to the dentist today.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Apple of My Eye
Ink:  Tangelo Twist, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Early Espresso
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Tangelo Twist DSP
Accessories:  1 3/4" circle punch (I think?), Dimensionals

10 comments:

Tanya said...

This is such a fun card! I like the polka dots with the bright citrus.
I am not a fan of My Little Pony, but my kids are. My husband is a fan of cartoons but lately that just means things like Justice League and variations of that. :)

CCsMom said...

LOVE it!!! I love oranges anyway, coming from the Central Valley of California. BEST ORANGES EVER!!! Great card, Kik!

Linda Callahan said...

I love the citrus stamp too! Delicious card! Glad you shared it At FMS!

Jan Clothier said...

I love the funky fun of this card! The citrus dots and the stamped images just go so well together. Beautiful balance in the composition - just fabulous!

Patti said...

Ah so is your card! the sweetest : )

Patti

Broni said...

How fun, Christy! Love that you put the sentiment right on the lemon slice!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Super fun card! Great use of the sketch!

Wanda Cullen said...

Oh I love that polka dotted border! Sweet card! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

Vickie Z said...

Great use of the sketch and colors!

Amy O said...

Fresh and fun! Love the polka dot border. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!