Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Celebrate Good Times, Come On!

Ya know what, if you didn't get the April My Paper Pumpkin kit then I'm a little sad you missed out on the All About Everything stamp set, because it's awesome.  (The stamps for the April MPP project are cute too, but in my opinion it's all about All About Everything.)  Anyway, since I busted out one of the AAE sentiments for yesterday's card, I thought I'd showcase some of the other stamps in the set today.


I might have a zillion flower sets, but I puffy heart love the style of these flowers.  The sentiment is two different stamps; the set is designed so you can mix and match bits and pieces to make your own sentiments and they're my favorite mixed font.  Except this one is all the same font, but yesterday's was mixed font.

Anywha, I used this week's Retro Sketch:


No color challenge this time, I just picked some bright colors that made me happy (and won't Missy be happy too that the two main colors are Baylor green and gold!).  Since I did the sentiment in black ink, I decided the ribbon element needed to be black too, but I have almost no current ribbon and nothing that's black so I dug up some retired black taffeta and I still miss the taffeta ribbon because it was awesome and how long do you think I can keep this sentence going :D  Anyway, I kept the knot a little bit loose so when this card goes in an envelope, it won't be a big bump right there to anger the postal sorting machines.  So who's going to get it?  I suppose the next person I know that has a reason to celebrate!

Well, time for me to get ready to go to the gym so I can work off the lasagna I had for dinner last night (even if I was on the treadmill for hours, it would STILL be worth it!).  Have a peachy keen day, jellybeans!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  All About Everything
Ink:  Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Garden Green, Basic Black
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Thick Whisper White, Garden Green DSP
Accessories:  retired black taffeta ribbon

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Very nice, VERY nice. I like everything about this card -- the tiny patterned paper, those blue flowers, etc. etc. Just great!