Monday, April 11, 2016

The Silver Pavilion

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  Hubs and I are back from a week at Disneyland with some good friends.  It was fantastic, but trying to re-acclimate from West Coast time to East Coast is so not fun :p  But here it is Monday morning and that means it's time for a scrapbook layout.  How did you like last week's all-scrap theme?


Today's layout takes us back to Kyoto, Japan, specifically the Silver Pavilion.  It was built by the son of the man who built the Golden Pavilion, and he had intended to silver-plate the building (hence the name) but didn't get it done before he died in 1490.  It's been a Buddhist temple ever since.


I looked back at my Golden Pavilion layout (linked above) to see how I'd done the title, and decided to do the same here--just hand-write it instead of stamping the whole thing.  And of course I had to use one of the Kanji stamps on this :)  I'm a little sad though, I used up ALLLLLL of that Baja Breeze stripey floral paper on this layout.  I mean, it's a great use for it, but now I've run out of it and can't use it again! :)


Today's color palette is the super-serene Smoky Slate and Baja Breeze, with a bit of Garden Green, Basic Black, and Whisper White tossed in for good measure.  I lovelovelove this color combination and I'll have to keep it in mind for future layouts.

That's it for me today, y'all.  Got lots of other stuff to do, so ta-ta for now!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Kanji
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Basic Black marker
Paper:  Smoky Slate textured, Garden Green, Basic Black, Whisper White, Green Tea DSP
Accessories:  Word Window & Modern Label punches

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

VERY nice colors!!! Sometimes I really miss being on that side of the Pacific Ocean.