Saturday, May 28, 2016

A-Team Baby Book: August

ETA:  Well dangit, I meant to schedule this for tomorrow morning and accidentally published it this afternoon, so bonus Friday post and pretend you saw it on Saturday.  :D

Happy Saturday and hooray for a long weekend!  Today's baby book pages are certainly summery.


So my brother attended Oklahoma State University, whose mascot is Pistol Pete (a cowboy) and whose colors are orange and black, and now you know why I incorporated orange and a cowboy on this layout.  Plus my niece was born in Texas and nothin' says Texas like cowboys (and cowgirls!).


I'm still angry at myself that somehow I NEVER got ink refills for the In Colors the year that Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait, and Concord Crush retired.  I forget the other two colors from that year but maybe they came back?  Anyway, my Poppy Parade ink pad is a little dry so the cowboy isn't as saturated as he could be.


I used the medallion from Wanted as an accent next to the month.


And some wee little horses for the journaling block!  They're actually part of a line of five, I just masked off the other two for this.


Today's super hot color palette:  Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, and Whisper White.  Have a great weekend, y'all!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Wanted, Bronc Buster, Weathered, small horses by Deadbeat Designs
Ink:  Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight
Paper:  Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, PTI White, Sunny Garden DSP
Accessories:  Sizzix alphabet, circle & scalloped circle punches

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

VERY nice. This is a very super-bright layout!!! The "brightest orange".