Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Corfu: Achilleion Palace

Scrappy Monday on a Tuesday, y'all.  It's been raining so much lately that I think we're gonna need a boat by the end of the week, so let's focus on a nice sunny scrapbook layout for today mmkay?


When we went on our Med cruise a few years ago, Corfu was our very first port in Greece (see all the pics here and here).  Achilleion Palace is a place where Empress Sissi of Austria-Hungary used to vacation a lot to get away from the stultifying royal court, and it's themed after Achilles from Greek myth.


And there's a closeup of my title.  I think it was raining the day I took these pictures too because that looks kinda dark and dingy.  Anywha, favorite things to take pictures of at the palace were the statues of the Nine Muses flanking a large patio thing.  Hey, maybe it's called a portico.  I could have made that up.


I've scrapped quite a bit of our Med cruise already, and I try to do just one layout per port but I had SO many pictures I liked from Corfu that I had to do a second layout. 


Today's color palette:  Delightful Dijon, So Saffron, Watermelon Wonder, Cherry Cobbler (I finally got a new Cherry Cobbler ink pad to replace the one with the Dreaded Gold Sheen!), Whisper White, and Basic Gray.  No one was more surprised than I when I chose the Delightful Dijon for my first page base--I like the lighter yellows, like So Saffron and Daffodil Delight, for page bases but this time Delightful Dijon looked pretty good to my eyes.  I used the same colors on the second layout, just switched out the background color for Watermelon Wonder.  At first I was going to use some green on here, but there was so much green in the photos that it seemed like overkill.

Well, that's it for me today y'all.  I've got some packages to mail and a book to buy (the new Rick Riordan book is out today!) and some cookies to make for the hubs to take in to work tomorrow.  How come it is that when I make cookies, HE gets more popular?  Ha!  Cheers, y'all.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Empire Alphabet Upper, Calendar Alphabet & Numbers, Painted Posies
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Delightful Dijon, Watermelon Wonder, Basic Gray marker
Paper:  Delightful Dijon, Watermelon Wonder, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Lovely Flowers DSP
Accessories:  None

No comments: