Sunday, May 15, 2016

Nacho Blog Hop: Mother's Day & Graduation

Happy Sunday,  y'all!  It's time for this month's Nacho Average Challenges blog hop, and this month it's all about moms and graduates.  I don't have any new or recent graduates in my immediate circle, but I did make some Mother's Day cards so that's what I have for you today.

First up is a CAS monochromatic card:


This was for my mom; the white layer is actually Shimmery White and it was made to go with her present:


It's a special edition Starbucks mug for Disneyland's Diamond Anniversary (my mom was born the same year Disneyland opened, so it's her diamond anniversary too!).  There's a gemstone in one of the Occasions catalog sets, but I don't have that one, so I looked in my past Paper Pumpkin stamp sets and found the one I used which I thought was perfect.  One die cut word and stamped sentiment later, and that card was done!

Next up is something tea-riffic:


We got my MIL some herbal teas from a tea shop in Old Town Alexandria, so I made a tea-related card to go with.  The sentiment is from a recent Paper Pumpkin kit (because I might not put the kits together, but I DO use the stamps pretty often!)

Last up is a picture frame for my SIL's desk at work:


She's a new mama, so I thought I should get her something for her first Mother's Day.  She can put a 4x6 photo on there and have it on her desk when she goes back to work full time.  How do you like the ladybugs?  They're made with two circle punches (1/2" and 1") and the sweetheart punch turned upside down.  I loved how they turned out.  I tried stamping the spots all over the heart but decided I liked just a few sprinkles of spots better.




Supplies, first card:
Stamps:  Crazy About You, past My Paper Pumpkin
Ink:  Pacific Point
Paper:  Pacific Point, Shimmery White
Accessories:  Hello You Thinlits

Supplies, second card:
Stamps:  My Paper Pumpkin
Ink:  Basic Gray, Blushing Bride, Old Olive
Paper:  Pool Party, Blushing Bride, Sahara Sand, Birthday Bouquet DSP
Accessories:  Cups & Kettles Framelits, Circles Framelits, Dimensionals

Supplies, picture frame:
Stamps:  Larger than Life Alphabet, All About Everything, Made with Love (spots), Watercolor Wings (antennae)
Ink:  Garden Green, Basic Black, Real Red
Paper:  Pear Pizzazz, Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White, Real Red DSP
Accessories:  1/2" and 1" circle punches, Sweetheart punch, Deco Labels Framelits

2 comments:

Yapha Mason said...

Great projects, Christy! I love how you made the first card match the mug!

CCsMom said...

LOVE IT!!! Turned out SOOOO nice, more so IRL! Thank you!