Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Baylor Smiles

Mornin', y'all!  Hope your day is off to a sunny start.  If not, maybe this will help:


Yep, definitely sunny.  :)  I started with this week's Global Design Project challenge:


I used a similar layout with the vertical sentiment and kept the floral idea, but instead of doing a watercolor look I went with bold and graphic.  I also used this week's Cupcake Inspiration Challenge color combo:


I interpreted the colors as Cucumber Crush, Basic Black, and Daffodil Delight.  Which means green and gold and kinda Baylor-y so I know who's going to get this card in the mail :D  The sentiment is from Greatest Greetings, which I chose for the What Will You Stamp? challenge:


Maybe later today I can actually break out some of the new stamps I got last week!  Here's hoping.


I designed the card with the sentiment going up the side but I think I might like it better this way.  Guess it works either direction since the flower panel doesn't have an up or down orientation.

That's it for me today, y'all.  Have a fabulous day!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Love & Affection, Greatest Greetings
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Cucumber Crush, Basic Black, Whisper White
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories:  White EP

12 comments:

CCsMom said...

Versatile layout, Kik! Pretty cute. I think I am wanting a break coming up pretty quickly as the next two days are going to be CRAZY!!! Still have several things I need to do. Wish me luck! Love ya!

Sandy said...

Very pretty flower card! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspiration Challenges.
Sandy, DT

Louise Sharp said...

You have incorporated all three challenges perfectly this week Christy. This is definitely a bright and 'sunny' card. Thanks so much for playing along to the Global Design Project this week. xo

Creation by Heart said...

Lovely clean and simpel card and fresh colors to.
You did a good job. Have a nice day to:)

Unknown said...

Very bright and sunny card! Thanks for joining us this week at What Will You Stamp!

Caro's Kaartjes said...

To be honest, green and yellow are not my favorite colors, but you managed to make them into a wonderful card. Love you chose the Love & affection stampset to combine with the Greatest Greetings. These stamps combine really well with the font of this card.
Thank you for joining us at What will you stamp this week and hope to see you again next week!

Tammy said...

So pretty! This floral set is one of my new favorites!! The colors are so pretty -- even though I did go to TCU!!!

Sue Vine - MissPinksCraftSpot said...

I love how you have combined these 3 challenges! Such a pretty/happy card, thanks for joining us this week at WWYS

Jess said...

WOW - 3 challenges in one! Great combination of them all! Thanks so much for joining in with this week's Global Design Project!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for playing along with Global Design Project. Love the flower theme and layout.

Naki said...

This is such a sweet card! I love all of the flowers! Thanks for sharing with us over at Cupcake Inspirations!

Indy's Designs said...

What a wonderful card! So glad you were inspired by our colors at Cupcake Inspirations!
Debbie, DT Sweetie