Thursday, June 9, 2016

Bonjour Butterfly

Bonjour from the land of computer issues.  I don't know what was up with the Mac this morning, but it was being super-slow about opening photo files (so I could post today's card) and saving things.  I did a restart and so far, so good.  Maybe our computer is coming down with techno-Alzheimers.  It *is* like 9 years old...

Anyway, card:


Yesterday was better than the day before in the mojo department, I got this card made pretty quickly.  And then I went to go see the original Ghostbusters on the big screen, can't be a bad day when that happens :)  FYI, those are rhinestones flanking the sentiment; for some reason they didn't catch the flash when I took the picture and they look a little weird.  Anyway, I used the brand new Freshly Made Sketch:


And paired it with the Color Throwdown:


I used Peekaboo Peach, Watermelon Wonder, and Elegant Eggplant for my colors, though I wish I'd gone with Rose Red.  The Watermelon Wonder DSP is lighter than the ink (my WW ink pad is still very juicy) and I think Rose Red would have contrasted better.  But too late to peel it all apart.

I'm off to the gym for kickboxing.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Watercolor Wings, Happy Happenings
Ink:  Peekaboo Peach, Elegant Eggplant, Watermelon Wonder
Paper:  Peekaboo Peach, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant & Watermelon Wonder DSP
Accessories:  Rhinestones, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So pretty!!

CCsMom said...

I like it. Sometimes they pair colors together that I wouldn't necessarily put together, but this turned out nice.

Jen Brum said...

What a great card! I love the bold, bright patterns! That butterfly is so pretty! Great sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Anonymous said...

pretty card

Jen Timko said...

What fun prints and colors! Such a pretty butterfly (and what is it about photos and sparkle?!). Glad to see you this week at FMS!

Amy O said...

Beautiful, fun colors! And I love that butterfly. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Lori said...

So pretty! Love the colors you used for the butterfly image. Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!