Thursday, June 2, 2016

CAS Congrats

This must be my week for CAS/clean lines cards, because I have another one for you today.


I thought about adding something else, like texture or stamping to the card base, but I just really liked it the way it is so I left it.

Thanks to this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And the Color Throwdown:


Got my card done lickety-split.  Or at least, it would have been lickety-split had I not been arguing with my Cucumber Crush ink pad; in the end, I had to squish it with a plastic spoon so it would ink up the stamp better.  In fact, I got an entire box of plastic spoons just for that purpose.  Anyway, I interpreted the Color Throwdown colors as Crumb Cake, Cucumber Crush, and Very Vanilla (which would make for a very weird meal if we were eating them).  I also added some Chocolate Chip for the sentiment, and I stamped the coordinating Congrats! on the inside.  I added the Crumb Cake Candy Dot even though it's retired because I thought the flower needed something in the middle.  And why not have a green flower?  There was some kind of plant I saw in Alabama that had bright lime green flowers.  Or maybe this one is some kind of succulent plant or something.

Wow, tomorrow it's already time for another Friday Flashback!  See you then, peeps.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Crazy About You, Happy Happenings
Ink:  Cucumber Crush, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Flower Medallion Punch, Dimensionals, Neutrals Candy Dot

6 comments:

CCsMom said...

Wow, I didn't know you KNEW the word "succulent". Ha! Papa had some of those in pots on his front porch. And "lickety split"?! Ha! I expected for you to use "okie doke" like our fearless leader did in a speech yesterday. I think I am offended, being of the Okie persuasion!!! Seriously. He said that right after his stuttering kick. Oh well.

Anyway, back to your card -- I LIKE it. Simple and sweet. Lurve your blank spaces . . . !

Anonymous said...

nice card reminds me of the Irish with that green

Wanda Cullen said...

What a great CAS design! It's so eye-catching! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

Karren said...

Fabulous CAS card! I love that pop of green! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Broni said...

What a great CAS design!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Clean and simply wonderful color pop! :)