Monday, June 27, 2016

Castle Rising Castle

Scrappy Monday, y'all.  I hope that YOUR air conditioner is working, 'cause ours has been out since last Thursday!  It was, no kidding, 84 degrees in the house yesterday.  But we're getting a brand new one installed tomorrow and I'm gonna crank that baby down to like FIFTY and dress like an Eskimo.  Or maybe not.  I'd settle for being reasonably comfortable.  Thank goodness the hubs got a fan for us, even if it is really loud.

Anyway, enough whining, let's get to the scrapbook layout today.


I made this last week while I had the Moroccan DSP out for my hummingbird card :)  I love the patterns in that DSP pack, and now that I've cut into into it twice you'll probably be seeing it a lot more often.  Anyway, this is I think the second castle we ever went to see in England...see my original blog post here.


The "Rising" part is stamped with the old SU! alphabet Letterpress, and the smaller letters are non-SU.  That's the only stamping on the layout; just a bit of pretty patterned paper and a bunch of photos and it's done.


Today's color combo:  Delightful Dijon, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, and Very Vanilla, straight from the Moroccan DSP and surprisingly perfect with my castle pics.

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Letterpress Alphabet, smaller alphabet from Unity
Ink:  Cajun Craze, Early Espresso
Paper:  Delightful Dijon,Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla, Moroccan DSP
Accessories:  Layering Circles & Deco Labels Framelits

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

You two must be on a little rise to make the castle in the background look so teeny-tiny, eh? So funny! LOVE it. And that almost looks like the shi-shi dogs in Okinawa -- LOVE things like that where you can cut little parts and put them as accents. LOVE IT!!!