Thursday, June 23, 2016

Cheshire Cat

Greetings from Wonderland!  I've finally started bustin' out my new stamps and I'm pretty chuffed about today's creation.


I doubt I'm the first person to think of this, but I haven't seen anyone else do it--it's the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland.  I lovelovelove the new Foxy Friends bundle!  Make all kinds of lil animals with the stamp set and matching punch.  It was a little fiddly to get all the purple accents on my cat; I stamped the main parts with Flirty Flamingo and then just stamped over it with Sweet Sugarplum, which came out pretty close to the colors on the Cheshire Cat in the Disney cartoon.  I thought about putting his head on upside-down or having it floating above his body but decided not to do that.  The circular stamp is from the latest Paper Pumpkin kit.

Anyway, I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


I think the sketch is kind of unusual, but I think my Cheshire Cat scene works with it.  And I got to scrap yesterday, too!  You'll see a brand-new layout on Monday :)  For the last two months or so I've mainly been sharing things I made earlier this year on Scrappy Mondays because I was working on another baby book.  But I'm back to scrappin' now, y'all.  Very exciting.

In fact, I think I'm going to go bust out my next set of pictures and have some fun.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Foxy Friends, Teeny Tiny Wishes, My Paper Pumpkin June 2016 kit
Ink:  Flirty Flamingo, Sweet Sugarplum, Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party, Basic Black
Paper:  Flirty Flamingo, Pear Pizzazz, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Fox Builder Punch, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Tanya said...

CUTE!!! I am not yet sold on this set, but I love your scene!

CCsMom said...

So, so cute. LOVE it, Kik!!! Wonderful. Makes me happy.

Karren said...

As soon as I saw your card, I immediately thought of the Cheshire Cat! This is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

LeAnne said...

This is adorable! I wondered where the circular stamp came from...I haven't even opened my PP set this month yet! Yikes, I'd better do it so I can use that fun circle too! Just another way to use this awesome Foxy stamp as well!