Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Dapper Hummingbird

Howdy, kids!  As predicted yesterday, we had a series of pretty good thunderstorms roll through which was awesome because I didn't have to be out in the rain so I could just enjoy the thunder from home.  It cleared up while the hubs was on his way home and then rained again after he got here, so that was good timing :)  I do love a good thunderstorm.

Anyway, the current challenge at SUO Challenges is to use your favorite new paper, so today I took a deep breath and cut into my new Moroccan DSP:


I let the patterned paper inspire the colors for my hummingbird:  Emerald Envy, Dapper Denim, and a bit of Cajun Craze (though the pattern I used doesn't have any Cajun Craze in it, I still liked the accent of dark orange with all the blue and green).  I chose to do a hummingbird today because of the challenge from What Will You Stamp:


I have been enjoying the new Layering Circles Framelits, which so far are the only ones of the four new layering collections that I've gotten.  I'm a little bummed that the circles are smaller than the retired circles Framelits, but having the scalloped circles and better sizes for matting is nice.

Well, I need to skedaddle to the post office to pick up a box to mail a birthday present to a friend whose birthday was yesterday.  Oops.  Catch you later, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Picture Perfect
Ink:  Emerald Envy, Dapper Denim, Cajun Craze
Paper:  Dapper Denim, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla, Moroccan DSP
Accessories:  Layering Circles Framelits, Dimensionals, Emerald Envy ruched ribbon

9 comments:

CCsMom said...

Oh, I love this card -- everything about it. The colors are great, your patterned paper is fabulous and the stamp itself looks like a photo! Wow. Great job, Kik! LOVE IT!!! (Of course you knew I would. It has ALL MY FAVORITES in it!)

Card Bomb said...

What a great card! I love that DSP and that you pulled colors from it to stamp your hummingbird. Those are great colors for a hummingbird! They look so realistic! Thanks for joining us this week at What Will You Stamp?!
-Maria

Tammy said...

So pretty, Christy!! Love your hummingbird!!

Sue Vine - MissPinksCraftSpot said...

Beautiful card!, love how your bird is flying out of the frame. thanks for joining us at WWYS this week

Julie Gearinger said...

What a fabulous card!! Love your layered hummingbird along with the wonderful new DSP! Thanks for sharing with us at SUO Challenges :-)

Julia said...

Gorgeous colour combination. And it looks a treat with that divine hummingbird. So glad you joined the fun at SUO.

Mary Brown said...

WOW how pretty! You did such a FABULOUS job on the hummingbird and it matches that paper perfectly! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

Cindee Wilkinson said...

The your color combo on this card. Thanks for joining the SUO Challenge.

Karen Barber said...

Beautiful colors on your sweet hummingbird creation! Thanks for playing along in the SUO challenge!!