Friday, June 3, 2016

Friday Flashback: For All You Do

Happy Friday, ya'll!  How are you this rainy afternoon?  Yeah, I'm late getting my Friday Flashback post up, but today we're celebrating the retired stamp set For All You Do, which is really cute even if the name isn't very descriptive.  So let's get started!

Also features Essence of Love, Strength & Hope, Elements of Style

Japan pages!  The butterfly next to "Park" is the one from today's stamp set.  This layout is a little busier than my usual style, what with three different patterned papers and the more complicated placement of all the elements, but I do really love it.

Also features Bloomin' Beautiful
That wee flower on the journaling block is from For All You Do...

Also features Fresh Fillers

And there's the butterfly again.  And I'm sad that that was all I had in the archives for this set, and so I set out to remedy that today.


I continue to be enamored of CAS cards this week (I thought to myself, I can't stop CAS-ing and then I laughed because I amuse myself) and this one started with the color challenge from Cupcake Inspirations:


I wrote down pink, yellow and purple so I accidentally got a real hot pink instead of a baby pink.  Oops.  I also used this week's CAS(E) This Sketch:


And I kinda want to make like five more cards with it.  Anyway, when I made the first card I kept thinking the colors were yellow, pink, and teal like a certain My Little Pony:



Hi Fluttershy!  So when I re-read the challenge colors I thought I should make a Fluttershy card anyway, so bonus Friday Flashback card!


To be honest though, I'm not sure how much I like this one.  I do like the colors together (So Saffron, Pretty in Pink and Bermuda Bay) but I'm not sure about my composition here.  I did some Wink of Stella on the butterfly for a wee bit of sparkle.

Since I wasn't 100% thrilled with that card, I made another one, but not another Fluttershy one.


Okay, what is the deal.  I edit my photos on the computer and then somehow when I go to upload them on the blog they look so much darker!  Grr.  Anyway, the idea for this card popped into my head and I figured that I really hadn't done justice to the stamp set so I made a third card.  The sentiment on this one is from Great Friend, another set with a pretty butterfly and a nondescript name, and they share a stamp case in my house.

Anyway, for this last card I used the color combo from Pals Paper Arts:


So there you have it, this Flashback was equal parts old and new projects.  Hope you have a great weekend, y'all!

Supplies, Happy Everything card:
Stamps:  For All You Do, Happy Everything
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Strawberry Slush, Blackberry Bliss
Paper:  Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  None

Supplies, For All You Do card:
Stamps:  For All You Do
Ink:  So Saffron, Pretty in Pink, Bermuda Bay
Paper:  Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Wink of Stella

Supplies, Great Friend card:
Stamps:  For All You Do, Great Friend
Ink:  Sahara Sand, Mint Macaron, Night of Navy
Paper:  Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Dimensionals, Neutrals Candy Dots

8 comments:

Sandy said...

Pretty butterflies! Thank you for sharing your card in our challenge this week at Cupcake Inspirations.
Sandy, DT

Unknown said...

Lovely card! Thank you for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations. - Eva, Sweetie DT -

Hannelie said...

Thanks for joining CTS and making a beautiful butterfly card with my sketch this week!

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful layout and cards! I especially love your super pretty take on the sketch!

Lynn Hoyt said...

Great CAS card! The colors work wonderful.
Thanks for playing with us this week at PPA.

Peggy Noe said...

You've really outdone yourself this week with all these pretty cards! I love your clean and simple style, and the one for the PPA Challenge is striking. Thank you for joining us this week for our color challenge!

Chrissy Larson said...

Super fun creations!

donna mikasa said...

Thanks for joining CTS this week! Love your one layered wonder--so pretty!