Friday, June 10, 2016

Friday Flashback: Nature's Pace

Happy Friday afternoon, y'all!  I'm finally here with the Friday Flashback, and this week's stamp set is Nature's Pace.  If you look at that link, I made the index card for the set but I didn't include it here :)  So let's see what else I've got!


One of my last England layouts.  I only remember that field of purple flowers being there for our last spring in England.

Also features Vintage Verses

I think this was for a Splitcoast sketch challenge, and I didn't really like how it turned out, but at least I used a different stamp from Nature's Pace besides the thistle.

Also features Field Flowers

Because I really like that thistle.

Also features Field Flowers

Like, a lot.  So I had to use it again for today's new card:


For this one, I thought I'd go for a different look on the thistle and I embossed it with pewter EP on Elegant Eggplant cardstock.  A sentiment and some patterned paper later, and I had a finished card thanks once again to the Retro Rubber sketch:


I happened across Favorite Thoughts for the sentiment while perusing my stamps and I thought I hadn't used it in a long time so why not.  Don't know who I'll send this card to but I think it's fun :)  Anyway, I've had Nature's Pace since 2012 and Favorite Thoughts since 2010, so they're both nice and retro.

That's it for me this week, y'all.  Well, except for tomorrow's baby book post.  Cheers and have a great weekend!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Nature's Pace, Favorite Thoughts
Ink:  Versamark, Elegant Eggplant
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive DSP
Accessories:  new Layering Circles Framelits, Pewter EP, Dimensionals

7 comments:

CCsMom said...

Wow, that scrapbook layout makes you wax nostalgic, doesn't it?!!! Just beautiful. On to new adventures. Just gotta love it. That is a neat stamp set!

Katy McGloin said...

Love this card as well as the sentiment! The embossing really gave it a very different look... love pewter on EE cardstock (wish SU would bring back that EP too!) Well done, Christy.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Christy: I love this cards, the first one with the bee surrounded by the flowers is just so beautiful, the cards with the thistle are lovely too, this little wild flower gets no credit, some people consider it a weed, can you imagine that?
Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber, we always love to see your beautiful cards in the gallery.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Christine Traversa said...

The pewter on the eggplant looks so sharp! Lovely card! Thanks so much for doing the challenge!

creative lady said...

Hi Christy, love your cards, love the inspirational photo and how you incorporated it into the Retro Rubber sketch. Thanks for playing along with RRCB.

Debbie Mageed said...

Very sweet card! So glad it brings back some great memories for you! Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber! I always look forward to seeing you in the gallery!!

Claire Grantham said...

Love that Thistle, love the different styles, but my fave is the embossed one. Thanks for playing with us at Retro Rubber. Claire DT