Friday, June 24, 2016

Friday Flashback: Star-Spangled Banner

Happy Friday, y'all!  I hope you're staying cooler than we are...the AC in our house went out.  The pipes on the AC unit have been freezing over and then it doesn't actually cool the house down at all, so someone is coming to check it out in about an hour and a half.  I might be a paper-crafting puddle by then.  But anyway, let's get to today's Friday Flashback, which is Star-Spangled Banner!  Very appropriate this time of year, no?

Also features Stars & Swirls

This, my friends, is a layout from the very first baby book I ever made in 2005.

Also features Confetti

And this is from probably the third one I ever made, in 2009.  The three stamps on the left on this one are from today's retired stamp set, and here is my brand-new creation:


Both of my parents and my SIL have July birthdays (Mom and SIL are both within two days of July fourth) so they all love stars and stripes stuff.  Well, I was born in January and I love stars and stripes stuff too, but I figured a star-spangled birthday card was just the ticket.  And it goes along with the theme for the Paper Players' 300th challenge:


I also used the Pals Paper Arts sketch:


And the Retro Rubber color challenge:


Okay, so mine is red, white, and blues since I used both Dapper Denim and a teensy bit of Soft Sky :)  To authenticate my stamps' retro-ness, I've had Star-Spangled banner since 2005 (when I started stamping!) and I'm pretty sure I've had Teeny Tiny Wishes since it came out in 2009, so my stamps are 11 and 7 years old respectively.  Yep, definitely retro in the stamp world.

I'm going to go do nothing until the AC dude comes to save me.  It's too hot in the house to do anything else :p  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Star-Spangled Banner, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Real Red, Dapper Denim
Paper:  Dapper Denim, Thick Whisper White, Soft Sky
Accessories:  Dimensionals

11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Star spangled goodness! Mp effect for a celebration! Glad you'joined us at the Paper Players!

Katy McGloin said...

An adorable spangled CAS card, Christy. Great job on combining the challenges. Love the watercolor effect! Hope your AC is fixed soon so that you can resume your crafting!! Thanks for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this week. Always look forward to seeing you in our gallery!

Debbie Mageed said...

CUTE card!! Love seeing your older projects when you post your current card. Such a wonderful idea!! Love your card, combining both challenges! Thanks for joining us again this challenge and look forward to seeing you in our gallery again soon.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Christy: How fun that you shared your earlier projects along with your new card, it's awesome to see the changes we experience through the years in our crafting and card making.
I love this beautiful and Patriotic card, awesome way to combine this challenges, I love doing this every chance I have.
Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber, we hope to see you back in our gallery soon.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

CCsMom said...

Awesome. You know me and some stars and stripes. I will have to wear some this week as I have numerous shirts and earrings -- and now tennis shoes, too. So yeah, I've GOT to get in the mood. LOVE IT!!! Love your card!

Neva Cole said...

What a great way to create a birthday card for those who are born in July! Love it! Isn't it great when your really old stamps turn out to be cool again? So glad that you played along with us at Retro Rubber Blog Challenge.

Claire Grantham said...

Cool a very Patriotic birthday card, love it and it fits the challenge perfectly. Thanks for playing over at Retro Rubber this time. Cx DT

creative lady said...

Hello there Christy, happy to see you back with Retro Rubber. Love all your projects, they are perfect for the challenge. Thanks for joining us again!

Christine Traversa said...

Perfect card for this week! So patriotic and fun! Thanks so much for doing the challenge!❤️

Patti MacLeith said...

Star spangled CUTE!! Love, Love, Love! Thanks for playing.

Maggie Mata said...

I love everything Patriotic and your layouts are absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for joining the Pals Paper Arts challenge this week.