Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Fusion Dragonfly

Happy new catalog release daaaayyy!  Do you have your wish list all sorted out?  I do :D  For today's card, I'm showcasing a stamp that was released with last year's catalog.


I do love that dragonfly!  All the images on this card are from Awesomely Artistic, and I used the photo from Fusion for my inspiration:


I suppose I could have made my card so the splats went from left to right, but I was kinda making up the collage as I went and it ended up being right to left.  I almost called this post "My Blue Period" because the card is Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, and Tip Top Taupe but I wouldn't want anyone to think I was depressed--hubs and I watched Lilo & Stitch the other night and in one scene where Stitch is messing up stuff in Lilo's room, he tears a drawing she did and she yells, "Hey, that's from my Blue Period!" which just made me laugh.

Anywha, I kept this card super simple--one layer, only stamping, not even a rhinestone or anything, but I think I like it.  Hope you do too.  Now I think I'll go work on my new catalog order...that sound you hear is my hubs yelling "Nooooo!!!!" but you can ignore him :D

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Awesomely Artistic
Ink:  Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Tip Top Taupe
Paper:  Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  None

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

I do like that dragonfly, too. It gives it a touch of the oriental, just because dragonflies always remind me of things oriental. Love the colors, too. Nice, simple card - very pretty.

Julia Aston said...

What a great CAS design - wonderful stampings with the borders, splatters and sentiment framing! thanks for joining us in the Fusion Card Challenge! Julia xx