Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Just Keep Swimming

Hey y'all, how's it going today?  I'm feeling a little off my stamping game, to be honest.  But I did get a card made for today.


I'm a little disappointed that the top turtle ended up being a little smeary.  I stamped the turtles with Versamark and Cucumber Crush, and I really didn't expect that to work with stamping off but that turtle looks pretty good.  They're embossed with clear EP, then I spritzed the whole thing with water and haphazardly watercolored some Tempting Turquoise for the background and dried it with the heat tool.  So why an undersea card today?  Because of the Cupcake Inspirations challenge, of course:


And I made it a get well card for the Global Design Project challenge:


Now all I have to do is write "just keep swimming" on the inside when I need to send it to someone :)  I combined those two challenges with the Mojo Monday sketch:


The sea turtles were actually my second try on the background panel, here was the first one:


I liked how the "sea" turned out better on this one (except the scribble on the top above the turtle because the paper wasn't wet enough yet) but I thought that having all three of the sea creatures on there just made it too busy.  So I went with my favorite turtle instead :)

In other news, watermelon-flavored Greek yogurt is just weird and should not be a thing.  Glad I only got one container of that...

Cheers, y'all!  And just keep swimming.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  From Land to Sea, Gorgeous Grunge, Greatest Greetings
Ink:  Versamark, Cucumber Crush, Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point
Paper:  Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  clear EP, silver doily

7 comments:

CCsMom said...

Have you tried the tomato bisque yogurt? Not happening!!!

Hope you are having a good day. I'm feeling a bit frazzled with the meeting coming up. Trying to get my ducks in a row and others keep coming to me for this and that . . . CRAZINESS!!!

I do like your top card a lot!!!

Brian King said...

Great combination of these three challenges, Christy Lynn! Beautiful colors and beautiful texture. Thanks for playing along with this week's Global Design Project theme challenge!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your ocean scene and fun take on the Mojo sketch! Thanks for joining us in the challenge!

Louise Sharp said...

LOVE the background of this card, perfect for those swimming turtles! You have combined all three challenges brilliantly. Thanks so much for playing along to the Global Design Project this week. xo

one red kelpie said...

I like your card and really love the underwater background with your turtles happily swimming along. I enjoy seeing that turtle on cards and may have to just get my hands on it soon.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

Indy's Designs said...

Such cute turtles! So glad you were inspired by this week's Cupcake Inspirations challenge!
Debbie, DT Sweetie