Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Mojo Rain Dance

So yesterday I sat in my craft room for, no kidding, an hour and a half with absolutely zero idea what to do for today's card.  I was feeling severely mojo-less, but at last I settled on the sketch challenge from Retro Rubber:



And I needed a couple of thank-you cards for some longtime SU! customers, so here's what I came up with:


I used the colors from the Blooms & Bliss DSP, but my first new catty order doesn't arrive until tomorrow (probably late in the afternoon to boot) so I couldn't use the actual paper.  Still, I think this turned out okay.  Here's hoping I have an easier time of it in my craft room today, don't know what is up with my stamping mojo this week.  Oh yes, for Retro Rubber I have to say how long I've had the stamps--Flower Patch is two years old and I think I've had One Big Meaning for at least a year, so I'm retro on both counts.

This afternoon I'm going to see the original Ghostbusters on the big screen.  Wooohoooo!  Can't wait.  We ain't afraid of no ghosts!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Flower Patch, One Big Meaning
Ink:  Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry, Mint Macaron
Paper:  Sweet Sugarplum, Blushing Bride, Thick Whisper White, Blushing Bride DSP
Accessories:  Flower Fair Framelits

7 comments:

CCsMom said...

Very, very nice, Kik! LOVE the colors. Great job!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Christy: Well, been there, done that, totally Mojo-less, wondering and wondering until it happens, the ideas come forth and I'm ok.
It helps a lot to have a sketch so I'm so glad you used ours to make this sweet and beautiful card, your SU customers will be so happy to receive it.
Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber, so glad you found your Mojo and used to join us.
Hope to see you again in the gallery.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Unknown said...

It's a wonderful card, Christy... full of colorful details and a great sentiment. So very glad that you used our sketch challenge to combat a moment of no-mojo... would never have guessed after seeing this card. Love seeing you in our gallery!!

Christine Traversa said...

So fun and fresh for summer! Love the bold floral element and colors! Thanks for doing the challenge!

creative lady said...

Hi Christy, happy to see you joined us again. Love the colors in your card, great layout. Thanks for joining RRCB!

Debbie Mageed said...

Cute card! Love the colors you chose. That's the great part of participating in challenges - you get to have the fun with their MOJO! LOL Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!

Claire Grantham said...

Great card, I love the colour combo. Always great to see you in our gallery Christy..Cx