Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Nacho Blog Hop: All Cards Masculine

Guess what, y'all?  It's time for another Nacho Average Blog Hop!  This month the Nachos are all about the dude cards.  Yep, masculine cards!  You might have come here from Anne's blog, but if not, don't worry--I've got all the links you need at the bottom of the post.  But first up, here's my cards.

So, when thinking about this theme, I decided to think about the guys in my life and specifically what they'd like, and naturally I started with my hubs.  He loves scuba diving, so for him I made this:


Teehee, it's punny, which will only make him roll his eyes.  I figured that fish looked more masculine than the sea turtle or the jellyfish :)  I stamped the sentiment with the now-retired Alphabet Rotary, but if I'd been smart enough to put the new Labeler Alphabet on my first order then that would work too.  Anyway, if you saw my hubs' wardrobe, you'd think the only colors he can see are dark blue, gray, khaki, and black, so I used Dapper Denim and Smoky Slate for my main colors on this one.

Next up, funny story!  Last week I was in a tizzy trying to get Father's Day cards made, and I was thinking we were sending stuff off all horrendously late (last Saturday) and on Sunday I even reminded my hubs to call his dad for Father's Day.  Which he did, and my FIL was like, you do know that's next week, right?  Oops.  Well, anyway, since I was in such a (needless) rush, I used last month's Paper Pumpkin kit to make a card for my dad:


My dad (and my brother, for that matter) graduated from Oklahoma State so he loves all things orange and black.  If you looked at *his* wardrobe, pretty much all you'd see is orange, black, and blue jeans. :p  Lucky for me the Paper Pumpkin kit came with corrugated orange cardstock (corrugated = manly, I guess), and the "happy" sticker was Pool Party so I was able to brayer black ink over it for this orange and black card.  And I added the Pool Party star from the kit just for funsies.

Thinking I was pretty much out of time for Father's Day cards, I made this one for my FIL:


So far as I know, he's not overly partial to orange, but I was in a hurry.

Last up, since I finally figured out I still had some time before everything for Father's Day is late (this next one is still going to be late unless I mail it today), I thought about my brother who's been a dad for two months now.  And he (like me) loves Star Wars...


Please please pretty please tell me you know what that is!!!  Not a lot of detail, sure, but I started by looking at this gorgeous print online and kinda working it into paper art.  The only stamping on this one is the hyperspace trail and the starry background, both courtesy of Gorgeous Grunge, and then I used stamps from Crazy About You to add Happy Father's Day to the inside.  And now I need to order a Chewbacca mask for my brother for Father's Day.

So there you have my four masculine cards (although I admit, #3 feels like a cheat).  I highly encourage you to follow along with the rest of the hop for more manly paper crafting goodness!



Supplies, card #1:
Stamps:  From Land To Sea, Alphabet Rotary
Ink:  Versamark, Dapper Denim, Smoky Slate, Soft Sky
Paper:  Dapper Denim, Smoky Slate, Watercolor paper, Whisper White
Accessories:  Clear EP, Dimensionals

Supplies, card #2:
Stamps:  My Paper Pumpkin May 2016 kit
Ink:  Basic Black
Paper:  came with the kit
Accessories:  came with the kit

Supplies, card #3:
Stamps:  My Paper Pumpkin May 2016 kit
Ink:  Night of Navy
Paper:  came with the kit
Accessories:  came with the kit

Supplies, card #4:
Stamps:  Gorgeous Grunge, Crazy About You
Ink:  Whisper White, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Marina Mist
Paper:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray
Accessories:  Layering Circles Framelits, Word Window Punch (retired), hole punches

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

Wow, Kik, I LOVE the Milleneum Falcon card. AWESOME! And the corrugated paper is great. It IS manly, but not sure why . . . maybe the boldness of it. Great cards!

Tanya said...

Love the Millennium Falcon, and everyone at this table knows what it is. :) The PP cards work great! And it cracks me up how you used their wardrobe go-to colors for their cards!
I knew Father's Day was still coming, but FB messed with my head when it was sharing Father's Day past memories all week! Did I miss it???