Thursday, June 30, 2016

Shabby Thanks

Hey y'all, I'm finally here with today's card.  Ever since our AC went out, even though it was replaced on Tuesday, I'm just having a hard time finding the motivation to get down in the craft cave and do some stamping.  But I'm going to keep trying.


I kicked around ideas for today's card while I was at the grocery store (anyone else love Wegmans as much as I do?) and this is what I made when I got home.  After I put up groceries and ate an entire container of watermelon chunks, because that's how I roll.

I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And the Color Throwdown color challenge:


Ya know what, a frozen banana split skewer like that sounds pretty darn good right now.  Anyway, for my SU! colors I used Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Real Red, and Crumb Cake.


When I first stamped the flower (the one on the far right was the first one) I figured out pretty quick that my Real Red ink pad was way too juicy, so I squished it with a plastic spoon to work the ink in a bit more and tried it again (middle flower).  Still not quite where I wanted it, but instead of going back at the ink pad with the spoon, I just inked up the stamp again but this time I made sure to only tap it lightly on the ink pad (far left).  Just what I wanted!  I needed that shabby texture to show up on the flower so it would go with the center panel that I hit up with Timeless Textures.

That's it for me today, y'all.  See you back here tomorrow for the Friday Flashback!  Oh wait, one more thing:  if you look really closely at the stamps in Flower Shop, one of the petals has an extra little divot in it (look at the bottom petal, towards the right side).  That's the only one with two divots on the stamp and the matching punch, so today I finally gave my stamps a close examination and put a mark with a Sharpie on the bottom of the stamp that coordinates with that petal, which also happens to be the bottom one on the punch (and I marked my punch too).  Definitely makes it easier to tell which way to punch out the flowers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Flower Shop, One Big Meaning, Timeless Textures
Ink:  Real Red, So Saffron, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Pansy punch, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is fabulous Christy Lynn! You've created a really lovely thank you card. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

CCsMom said...

So the flower looks like burlap, which is kinda neat. I like the texture. REALLY like the saying and the font used there. Very nice. Simple and sweet! Hope you are having a good Friday.

Vickie Z said...

Fun card!, great use of the sketch and colors!! I too know what it's like to lose your motivation- I keep plugging away :-) so glad you joined us at CTD!!

Jen Mitchell said...

I really love these colors. Your So Saffron background has a really shabby vibe going on which goes perfectly with the "texture" on the flower. And the big sentiment finishes everything off nicely! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Wanda Cullen said...

Fabulous CAS design and a great way to showcase the throwdown colors! Thanks for joining us in the challenge this week!

Small Talk Mama said...

Love this card with all it's textures and simple design. The flower really pops against the muted background.

A splash of color said...

Love it. Love the colors and your style.