Monday, July 11, 2016

Alnwick Castle

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  How was your weekend?  Hubs and I went to the National Aquarium on Saturday, and then yesterday I worked on several scrapbook layouts from when we went to the Harry Potter studio tour near London.  And today's layout is kinda-sorta related to Harry Potter too:


See the original pictures here.  Alnwick Castle was used for some of the exterior shots in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (like when Oliver Wood teaches Harry about Quidditch) and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.  The big wide courtyard was also in the movie Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.


I used a Sizzlits alpahbet to cut out the title; I like Framelits SO much better than Sizzlits because they do much cleaner cuts, but I just needed this alphabet for today's layout.  I picked up that owl and books stamp at a big box store because doesn't it just scream Harry Potter to you?


Today's color palette:  Lovely Lilac, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, More Mustard, So Saffron that I forgot to put in the picture, and Whisper White.  To me, purple is the most magical color so it's what I always think of first for doing any HP-related scrappin'.  So yep, the layouts I'm working on now are all purple.

Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, mostly SU!
Stamps:  Priceless, Teeny Tinies, non-SU owl
Ink:  Basic Black, Lovely Lilac, Basic Gray marker
Paper:  Lovely Lilac, Smoky Slate, More Mustard, So Saffron, Thick Whisper White, Afternoon Daydream DSP
Accessories:  Sizzix alphabet

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

I bet you miss going to all these castles. I really did like England. Very nice layout!