Monday, July 25, 2016

Our House (England)

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  How was your weekend?  We went to see Star Trek Beyond yesterday (I wanna go see it again already!) and other than that it was pretty quiet.  This afternoon we take Little Man in to get his leg brace, looking forward to that.

So on to this week's scrapbook layout!


Since hubs and I move around a lot, I try to take pictures of each house we live in--about six months ago I was scrapping some photos from North Carolina and I kept looking in the backgrounds of the pictures and thinking oh hey, we had a Harry Potter calendar! or I forgot we used to have that picture hanging in the dining room.  Hubs and I will have our 13th anniversary this October, and in that time we've lived in seven different houses.  So this is our England house, which was my favorite of all.  Oh, see the little Big Ben sticker next to the stairs on the right-hand page?  That was one of my address labels--I always try to include one of those on the scrapbook pages too.


I think I go in cycles with alphabet stamps for my scrapbook pages, and lately it's been all about the Letterpress Alphabet.  I have another layout sitting on my craft table right now, and the title on that one is done with Letterpress too.


Today's color palette:  Island Indigo, River Rock, Primrose Petals, Early Espresso, and Whisper White.  I chose Island Indigo because we painted a wall that color in the living room after we moved in this house; the Primrose was kinda taken from the curtains that were hanging up in the room that became my England craft room, and River Rock seemed to go with those two colors together.

I'm excited to get back to work in my craft room today.  It's so nice having a clean table that's dog hair-free!  And since I cleaned the table, I also finished updating my personal stamp catalog and rearranged my stamps, putting all the newly retired ones in with the older ones and making sure all my alphabets and current stamps are up front.  I have two five-foot-tall cabinets for stamps and I'm thinking I need to upgrade to some 6-foot-tall bookshelves because I'm double-stacked.  Guess I know what I should ask Santa for this Christmas!

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Spencerian Alphabet, Letterpress Alphabet, Circle Circus
Ink:  Island Indigo, Early Espresso
Paper:  Island Indigo, River Rock, Primrose Petals, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Oval & scalloped oval punches

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

I like the way you did that. VERY nice.

Sharon Madson said...

Great LO and journaling. Love the colors!