Friday, August 12, 2016

Friday Flashback: Baby Tees

Happy Friday, y'all!  I've got a busy day going here because I have a LOT to do before we leave for Texas tomorrow afternoon.  Wheee!  So let's get to the Friday Flashback, shall we?  This week's stamp set is Baby Tees, which was actually a jumbo wheel but I cut mine apart and made it into five stamps and I love it that way.  Okay, cards!

Also features Cuddles & Kisses

It seems like most of my friends for the last several years have had boys, so a LOT of these cards are boy cards.  Out of the last five baby books I made, four were for boys (and you know who got the girl one).  Anyway, I think I made a mask and sponged the color on the onesie for this card which I thought looked pretty cute.

Also features A Word For You

Watercolor Wonder Crayons for coloring on this one.

Also features Curly Cute

Oh look, girl cards!  I made the one on the right because I'd seen a purple and orange baby quilt that I really liked (more grape purple rather than reddish purple like Rich Razzleberry, but I have to work with the ink colors I have).  Might be interesting to try that kind of card with Peekaboo Peach and Sweet Sugarplum, hmm.

Also features Sweet Essentials and Confetti

The sentiment should be a little darker on this one but otherwise I think it's cute.

Also features Cuddles & Kisses

And from the name of the photo on this one, I made it after Duchess Kate gave birth to lil Prince George :)

Also features Alphabet Rotary

Okay, one last card from the archives, and here is today's new creation:


It's...another boy card!  But I'll get to why in a minute.  First up I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


Cutting out all the pieces for the card and stamping the images and sentiment took like five minutes, and then it took me an hour to color in all the onesies (I used a blender pen and squished ink pad lids).  And it's more boy because it just happens that I liked the Color Throwdown this week and it's more boyish:


I used Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight, and the retired Coastal Cabana for my colors, plus some Basic Black and a wee bit of Soft Suede for the hangers.

Okay, off to work on my to-do list.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Baby Tees, Made with Love, Hearts a Flutter
Ink:  Basic Black, Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Soft Suede
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Thick Whisper White, Wild Wasabi DSP
Accessories:  Dimensionals

6 comments:

Vickie Z said...

Fun cards!! Great takes on that onsie! So glad you joined us at CTD!

Kim S said...

How fun to see your flashback with the same stamp!! LOVE the background panel you created on the current card - and such perfect use of colors. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cindy Hall said...

What a fabulous array of cards! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cindy Hall said...

This card is just adorable! I love the colors and the addition of the heart. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jodi Collins said...

SO sweet! LOVE those onesies and how you repeated them for the design! Thanks for playing along with The Color Throwdown!

Wanda Cullen said...

You were on a major creative roll with all these adorable onesie baby cards! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!