Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Moroccan Lanterns #2

So when the new SU! catalog came out this summer, one of the first stamp sets I wanted to get my grubby inky little hands on was Moroccan Nights.  It was on my first order but somehow I've only used it once before today.  I really need to sit down with this set and get to craftin'.


I do love those lanterns.  I started out with this week's Global Design Project challenge:


I kinda flipped the layout upside down so I could do hanging lanterns instead of floating balloons, and instead of stamping around the edges I did some light sponging.  Speaking of light, check out the Paper Players challenge:


Thanks, Paper Players, for giving me a great excuse to ink up the Moroccan lanterns again.

Hubs is home early from work today so maybe we'll go watch some Olympics until dinnertime.  Or maybe I'll go make something else in my craft room, who knows.

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Moroccan Nights, One Big Meaning
Ink:  Emerald Envy, Dapper Denim, Early Espresso, So Saffron
Paper:  So Saffron, Thick Whisper White, Moroccan DSP
Accessories:  nothing unless you count the Stamp-a-ma-jig

5 comments:

Michelle Last said...

Such a lovely card Christy, the lanterns are so effective. Have a great day and thanks for joining us at the Global Design Project x

CCsMom said...

Interesting colors! And an interesting stamp set! Great job, Kik!

Louise Sharp said...

Beautiful lanterns! A beautiful CASE of Tanja's card this week Christy. Thanks so much for playing along to the GDP again this week. xo

stampwithsandy said...

Great lanterns and I love the colors, Christy! So glad we gave you an excuse to ink up your new stamp set :) Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players!

Colleen Begley said...

Love the blues! Very cute card. Thanks for joining the Paper Players this week.