Monday, October 31, 2016

Carving Pumpkins

Happy Halloween!  Most years, hubs and I don't really do much for Halloween (next year, when we have the baby to dress up, it's ON like DONKEY KONG) but I do have a Halloween layout for you today!  I think these pictures are from October of 2004?


Click to embiggen and sorry for the glare on the photo.  I was already into Stampin' Up! by this time, if you notice that the pumpkin I carved matches one of the stamped faces pretty well :)  The smallest pumpkin is a pup-kin with a dog face for Chewie, my sweet furbaby that I had before I got married.  I actually made this layout last year but never posted it to the blog (I have several layouts that haven't been shared yet, whee!).  I have NO idea what made me think of this color combo, but I think it works:


Long-retired Gable Green along with still-current Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, and of course Basic Black.  I only did one strip of Pumpkin Pie DSP across the layout because I figured that I had enough orange in the pictures with all the pumpkins to get the Halloween point across.

Have a spooktacular day, y'all!

Supplies, mostly SU!
Stamps:  Carved & Candlelit
Ink:  Gable Green, Basic Black
Paper:  Gable Green, Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, Ghostly Greetings DSP
Accessories:  Sizzix alphabet

No comments: