Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Make Way for Ducklings

Hey, kids, how's it going?  I've got a quick card for you today thanks to the Global Design Project theme challenge this week:


When the hubs and I were in the Boston area earlier this month, we met up with my sweet friend Vicki who gave me a baby gift that included the book Make Way for Ducklings and a stuffed animal duckling.  For Baby Sodapop, obviously.  So I wanted to make her a duckling thank you card, and happily for me I own Barnyard Babies :)


I kept it really simple on this one, just stamping the duckling several times and doing some quick (and slightly messy, it's a stylistic choice) watercoloring.  I'd thought about putting a button on the end of the sentiment banner, but the idea of staples occurred to me so I did that instead and I think this is the first time I've ever done staples on a card.  The whole card took me like maybe 15 minutes.  Now I just need to get it out in the mail!

Okay, kids.  This is turning into Baking Week so I have cupcakes to frost and some cookies to make.  Because that's a balanced diet.  I kid!  I'm taking the cupcakes to a thing tonight and the cookies are going to hubs' work tomorrow.  Not saying I won't taste test anything though...

Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Barnyard Babies, One Big Meaning
Ink:  Basic Black, So Saffron, Peekaboo Peach, Crumb Cake
Paper:  So Saffron, Pool Party, Thick Whisper White, Peekaboo Peach DSP
Accessories:  Staples

1 comment:

Paula Dobson said...

So, So cute Christy! Barnyard Babies is the perfect stamp choice for this weeks challenge. Thanks for playing at Global Design Project with us this week.