Thursday, November 10, 2016

Bitty Baby Baylor Bear

If you've been checking out the blog for any length of time, you know that I make a LOT of cards.  This week though my husband requested a specific card, which he almost never does...there's a guy who works for him whose wife is due with a baby girl sometime this month, and both of them are Baylor grads too.  So the hubs asked me for a baby card, but I know this couple is *not* going for the all-pink super fluffy frou-frou girly-girl stuff so here's what I made:


I scribbled on my largest acrylic block with Crushed Curry and Wild Wasabi markers (I tried So Saffron at first but it came out way too pale), spritzed with water, and "stamped" it on my background panel.  I suggested green and gold when the hubs asked for the card, and he said a teensy little bit of pink would be okay.  The little teddy bear is from the now-retired Baby Bundle stamp set, but that was what I needed for this card.

I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


So there you go, I can make specific cards on commission ;)

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Made with Love (sentiment), Baby Bundle (retired)
Ink:  Basic Black, Crushed Curry, Wild Wasabi, Blushing Bride (just a teeny bit on the bear's ears)
Paper:  So Saffron, Blushing Bride, Thick Whisper White, Wild Wasabi DSP
Accessories:  Layering Circles Framelits, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Jen Brum said...

Great baby card! I love that sweet little teddy bear! Your colouring is great! I love the background you've created! i'm sure your husband's coworkers will love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Timko said...

He is simply adorable!! What a lovely card. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!