Friday, November 25, 2016

Friday Flashback: Harvest of Thanks

Happy Friday, folks!  Hope you had a great Thanksgiving feast yesterday.  It ain't over here...we're having ham (that we didn't take over last night) and lots and lots and lots of leftover desserts.  I really should get some mashed potatoes here too.  But anyway!  Since I'm not quite done with Thanksgiving yet, today's Friday Flashback stamp set is Harvest of Thanks!


Aaaand this is the only card I'd ever made with it prior to today.  Sometimes that happens.

Also features Teeny Tiny Wishes

Inside of the card...and next up is today's new creation:


I decided to make a thank you card for the hubs' cousins who had us over yesterday for Thanksgiving (Tara and I have the same problem of going overboard for Thanksgiving food, so even though there were 13 of us there was SO. MUCH. left over!)  Since I was pulling out a retired stamp set, I grabbed the also-retired Festival of Prints stack for my background panels.


There's the inside of the card with another Harvest of Thanks stamp inside.  I used this week's Retro Rubber Challenge sketch:


ETA:  Forgot to say this stamp set is three years old :)

And here's the latest Create with Connie and Mary color challenge:


I added Early Espresso to "ground" the other colors since they're kinda more mid-toned, plus I think a dark card base is richer looking.  It was lovely to spend some time in my craft cave today after the last few days of baking...though I will be making an apple pie this afternoon.  Think I might finish up a scrapbook layout first :)  Have a great holiday weekend, y'all!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Harvest of Thanks
Ink:  Delightful Dijon, Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Festival of Prints DSP
Accessories:  Apothecary Accents Framelits, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Katy McGloin said...

Christy Lynn, let me start by telling you how much you have been missed in our gallery! I am so glad to see you sharing one of the older SU sets, especially since I still have this one. Using the Espresso does give a richness to the card. Also loving the designer prints. Thanks so much for playing along with Retro Rubber this week! Hope to see you again very soon!!

Debbie Mageed said...

So happy to see you back in the gallery, Christy! Your card is great!! I am hoping you can add how long you have had the stamp set (or its age) so we can consider you for our Top Picks. Sounds like your Thanksgiving was indeed festive!! Thank again for joining us again and hope you will play with us again soon!

Jane Knudsen said...

Hi Christy! I am also very happy to see you back in the gallery. My first thought when I saw your post was - I have missed your Friday flashbacks! (I don't get around blog land much anymore due to my schedule). Your card is really quite fabulous - i love these colors together and your DSP is really perfectly paired! Love the stamp set that you used. I don't think I have this stamp set and I am the poorer for it! Thank you for editing your post to include the age of your stamp. It is most appreciated! Thank you again for sharing this delightful card with us - thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!

creative lady said...

Hi Christy! Your card is beautiful as always. Love the fall colors and the layout of your card Thank you so much for joining RRCB.

Claire Grantham said...

Hey Christy, good to have you back again with us. I love this card, the colours are lovely and the way you have used the sketch. I love that bottom patterned panel. Sounds like Thanksgiving was fun..always waaay too much food! But I do love leftovers. Thanks for playing with us again at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Christy: Glad you could join us at RETRO RUBBER for this sketch challenge. I love how you combined it with the color challenge to create this beautiful Thanksgiving card, full of rich colors and awesome pattern papers.
Thank you for joining us this week, hope to see you back in the gallery again next time, we love to see you there.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

LeAnne said...

I love these images....wonder why I didn't get this set, it's right up my alley! Beautiful creations!