Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Ladybug Love

Mornin', y'all!  I was wondering if I'd get to blog today even though I already had a card made.  Since hubs and I got a new camera a couple weeks ago, we had to download new software to transfer the photos to the computer, and it took me a while this morning to figure out where it was putting the pictures.  But happily, I found it, and here's my card!


I had started off with a completely different idea involving a different color combo and stamps, and somehow I ended up with this.  I got the Love You Lots hostess set a while ago but this is the first time it's been inked up at all.  So anyway, I started with the sketch from Global Design Project:


My interior panels ended up being smaller due to the scale of the image I used, and I'm also kind of experimenting with white space.  But I had to go with the ladybugs because of the Paper Players color challenge:


Because like Mary Mary I am quite contrary and I just have to do something non-Christmasy with a red and green color combo :D

Anyway, I've got to run.  I must finish singing along to Bohemian Rhapsody that is playing on my computer right now and then I've got to get the house ready for my in-laws to be here this afternoon.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps: Love You Lots, No Bones About It
Ink:  Emerald Envy, Basic Black, Real Red
Paper:  Mint Macaron, Basic Black, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Dimensionals

2 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy Lynn, these little lady bugs are adorable! Such a fun background, too! So happy you joined us at The Paper Player this week! XX

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Christy I love that you went non-festive with this colour combo! Your ladybirds are super cute and the tone-on-tone leafy background adds interest and allows the black layer to add great definition to your central panel. Thanks for joining in my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!