Monday, November 14, 2016

Tokyo Disney Sea

Scrappy Monday!  I had been planning to post another Ohio Amish country layout today, but late last week I finished up two layouts from Tokyo Disney Sea and I just couldn't wait to share them.


Squee!  I originally had some slightly different colors in mind for this layout, but I got the By the Shore DSP last month as part of the patterned paper promo, and when I opened up that pack I just loved it.  Seriously, it didn't look like much to me in the catalog and I only got it because I needed four for the promo, but in person I looooooved it.  Anyway, these photos are from 2010, and you can see 'em all here.


Sorry, bit crooked here.  The alphabet is the now-retired Back to Basics Alphabet, which I got when it hit the retirement list but this is its maiden voyage on a scrapbook page.  And I can't remember the last time I cut letters out of patterned paper but I just had to try it for this one.


Since I got the patterned paper, I did an impulse buy and got the coordinating Seaside Shore stamps too.  I really meant to get out some Disney stickers from my stash but I just was having so much fun with the paper and stamps that I ended up with all fishies and no mermaids :)


And I did two layouts!  I had trouble deciding which patterned paper to use for my borders on both sets of pages, so I cut circles out of five different patterns to accent this page.  Seriously, this DSP pack is so much better in person than it is in the catalog.


Closeup of my journaling block fish and his bubbles.


Today's color palette was taken directly from the By the Shore DSP:  Soft Sky, Calypso Coral, Dapper Denim, Mint Macaron, and Very Vanilla.  I probably wouldn't have put those colors all together on my own but have I mentioned that I looooove it? ;)  Thank you SU!

Okay, peeps.  Check you later and have a great week!  Back tomorrow with a Nacho card that I also love :)  Isn't it nice when you make things that make you happy?

Supplies, almost all SU!
Stamps:  Seaside Shore, Back to Basics Alphabet
Ink:  Soft Sky, Calypso Coral, Dapper Denim, Mint Macaron
Paper:  Soft Sky, Calypso Coral, Dapper Denim, Mint Macaron, Very Vanilla, By the Shore DSP
Accessories:  Circle punches, lettering template

No comments: