Thursday, December 15, 2016

Sweet Season

Hey kids! How's it going?  I'm enjoying a day of not leaving the house at all--the high today here is 27, and with the wind chill it feels like it's 10 degrees.  Not exaggerating.  I live in the middle of a row of townhouses, and the wind is so strong that I can watch the water move in my water bottle when I'm on the top floor because it's shaking the building.  Yep, definitely a good day to stay inside and not freeze my buns off.  I told Sadie no walk today because I do not come equipped with a fur coat (plus my belly is to the point it's hard to zip up my jacket over baby bump).

So I made a card this morning!


I have been all about the baking since before Thanksgiving, like for reals, and the Candy Cane Christmas stamp set has Christmas cookies to match the Candy Cane Lane DSP and it's a few bucks off right now as a year-end closeout so I bought it.  And just looking at this card makes me want to make more cookies (because we already demolished the batch I made on Monday).

Anyway, I used today's brand new Create with Connie and Mary sketch:


While we're talking about Connie and Mary, they chose my snowflake card as one of their top picks for their last challenge:


Thanks, ladies!  Glad you liked it even if the photo of it wasn't that great.  I need to figure out something else for my card photos, or else get a new little bitty camera (I don't like using the giant one for card pics).

At any rate, I also used this week's Color Throwdown:


This is a real challenge for me, because I think that red and hot pink are clashy and it's hard for me to make anything with both of those colors together without getting all twitchy.  So for my card (scroll back up if you can't remember what it looked like, I just did), I stamped off once before doing all the little stamps on the bottom of the card and suddenly the red and hot pink didn't bother me as much.  I used Real Red, Melon Mambo, and Old Olive for my colors, plus some Crumb Cake.

Well, for my next trick this afternoon I'm going to get packages ready to mail because if I don't send them off tomorrow they probably won't reach their destinations in time.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Candy Cane Lane
Ink:  Real Red, Melon Mambo, Old Olive
Paper:  Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Circles Framelits, Dimensionals, retired Candy Dots

4 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet take on the colour challenge!

Broni said...

What a great Christmas design!! Thanks so much for playing along in the Color Throwdown challenge with us this week! Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Lovely festive card. Great job with the colours as well as our sketch! Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary this week!

Mary Brown said...

What a fun holiday card! I like how you managed to get the red and hot pink to work together! Fun background paper you made! Thanks for playing along this time in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!