Thursday, January 26, 2017

Dragonfly Daydream

Or, Copper Foil Paper is Impossible to Photograph.


I took four pictures of this card, and the copper dragonflies either reflected back like this, or else came across just looking dark.


I promise the copper looks pretty great on the dragonflies IRL.  So anyway, this is my card for the new Freshly Made Sketch:


I got the idea to use the dragonfly die pretty much as soon as I saw this sketch, it just took a while to get the card put together because I was fiddling with the placement of the circles of patterned paper.  Those are all from the Moroccan DSP, love that stuff :)  The sentiment is the only thing that's stamped on here and let's be honest, that "Don't quit your daydream" stamp is the whole reason why I got Designer Tee (it's another Sale-a-Bration set).  I'd like that stamp in a bigger size too.

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Designer Tee
Ink:  Emerald Envy
Paper:  Emerald Envy, Dapper Denim, Very Vanilla, Copper Foil, Moroccan DSP
Accessories:  4 sizes of circle punches, Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits

3 comments:

Jen Brum said...

What a great card! Love those patterned circles and beautiful dragonflies! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tanya said...

This is a beautiful card!
And I agree- I love that little phrase!

Susan K said...

Your card stood out to me in the gallery at FMS; stopped by to say how much I like it! Even if the dragonflies don't shine like you want them to, they are striking and a fun counter to all the circles.