Thursday, January 12, 2017

Enjoy Life

Hey kids!  I had the idea for this card yesterday, but I ran out of time to make it...turns out when you're 8 months pregnant, a day that includes walking the dogs, going to the post office, doing 30 minutes on the elliptical at the gym, and grocery shopping will pretty much wipe you out :)  I just have to accept the fact that I'm not going to be able to post (or make) as many cards and scrapbook pages now that Baby Sodapop is almost here.  But I still got the card made today.


I let the Cupcakes & Carousels paper stack do the heavy lifting here; the only thing stamped is the "Enjoy life and have fun" piece, and that stamp is from Suite Sentiments.

The sketch is courtesy of Fab Friday:


I think this makes a good birthday card, though the sentiment is ambiguous enough that it could be used for other things too.

I'm going to skedaddle back down to my craft room and work on some scrapbook pages before I have to leave for a haircut appointment.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Suite Sentiments
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, Peekaboo Peach
Paper:  Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, Peekaboo Peach, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Cupcakes & Carousels DSP Stack
Accessories:  Dimensionals

5 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Sweet! Love the mix of designer papers, perfect with this sketch! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

octoberbecks-creative.com said...

I love the way you designed with the fabulous new DSP. This is a great way to use it. Adorable. ;-)

Heather said...

Oo, you're making me have to have this DSP now - what a pretty mix! Looks GREAT with that sentiment, too. Stay rested for the big day, and thanks for playing at ab Friday!

Cindy Beach said...

I love the playful patterns of this DSP. The fun colors are perfect for this sketch! Glad you found time to play along even after a busy day. Looks great!

Amanda Mertz said...

Definitely let others do the heavy lifting when you're 8 mos. pregnant lol! DSP is no exception! Great choice of patterns and the sentiment with different colors is just right! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!