Friday, January 20, 2017

Friday Flashback: Elements of Style

Happy Friday afternoon, y'all, and welcome to the Friday Flashback.  This week's stamp set is Elements of Style, which is a lovely vintage-kinda style stamp set which debuted in 2010.  So let's get started!

Also features By the Seashore, Pursuit of Happiness, Perfectly Penned
The flourish behind the postage stamp-style element is the stamp that's from Elements of Style.  Hey Stampin' Up!, we need more flourishy stamps like this.

Also features Pursuit of Happiness
The real reason I got the stamp set:  the hummingbird.  Also that ribbon is actually Marina Mist to match the hummingbird stamp, it just really doesn't look it in the photo.

Also features Fabulous Phrases
There's a big toile stamp in the set in addition to that flourish, both fun.

Also features Papillon Potpourri and Perfectly Penned

Another one with the flourish!


And hey,t here's a card that has one of the Elements of Style sentiments on it.  So there's your flashback, here's today's new card:


Seems like all my card photos are under-exposed lately.  Well, we've been socked in with clouds for what seems like forever (it's a giant swamp outside) and I really think my little camera is on its last legs.  But anyway, that's the new card...and the sentiment is a bit crooked but I'm going to write that off as proof that this is homemade.  And it's going in the mail within the next week.

I used the brand new color challenge from Fab Friday:


But I added a bit of Sahara Sand (generally you're allowed to add neutrals to any color challenge) and that means it also counts for the Inkspire Me color challenge:


Well, we've got to go pick up my car from having its oil changed, so I'm outta here.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Elements of Style, Thank You Kindly, Hardwood
Ink:  Soft Sky, Sweet Sugarplum, Sahara Sand
Paper:  Soft Sky, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes & Lots of Labels Framelits, Dimensionals, Pearls

6 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Very pretty cards! Love all of the feminine touches and the soft colors. Perfect! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Heather said...

Such gorgeous cards, and such a sweet walk down Memory Lane - I miss that hummingbird! Thanks so much for joining us at Fab Friday!

IN{K}SPIRE-me Design Team said...

So many pretty cards, wow! And I am so glad to see the "Elements of Style". Love this stamp set! Thank you so much for playing Inkspire_me this week! Greetings from Bavaria, Kirstin

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Christy!
You have gone back to one of my favorite sets of all time. I especially love the florals and the gorgeous flourish like you do. Your new card shows it off well! The colors are a perfect mix with these elements.
Thanks so much for playing with us at Fab Friday!

Amanda Mertz said...

Very pretty and soft! I like how you cute out the hummingbird and the Hardword panel looks great as a band across the center! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Brian King said...

Beautiful cards, Christy Lynn. All are so soft and sweet. Thanks for playing along with this FabFriday color challenge!