Monday, January 9, 2017

Ghostbusters

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  Today I have a layout that makes me happy.  As it happens, this was the last set of scrapbook pages I made in 2016, and the pictures are also the most recent ones I've scrapped--they're only from last September.


I'm working on getting our NYC pictures up on my other blog; hopefully you'll be able to see them all here pretty soon.  So when we visited New York this time, one of the things I wanted to do was check out several of the sites featured in Ghostbusters (one of my favorite movies ever).  The public library on Fifth Avenue was just a couple blocks from our hotel (remember the first ghost the guys encounter in the library?).  Dana's apartment building is right next to Central Park so it was easy to find as well.  We found the Ghostbusters firehouse I think less than a mile away from the World Trade Center, but to my acute annoyance it's covered in scaffolding (I am totally pouting in that picture).  I was wearing a Ghostbusters shirt and everything!  I did take the pictures of the two Ghostbusters "patches" painted on the sidewalk outside the firehouse.  But I'm still mad I didn't get to see the firehouse itself in all its glory.

The three journaling blocks with red mats are quotes from the first movie, each of which has to do with the location we visited (shortest one:  "Your girlfriend lives at the corner penthouse...of Spook Central!").  I quote this movie all the time, but honestly the three quotes I used on the layout aren't ones I usually use ;)


Today's color palette:  Old Olive (like Slimer!), Real Red, Basic Black, and Whisper White.

Cheers, y'all!  And remember, we ain't afraid of no ghosts!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Well-Worn Alphabet, Rough Edges Alphabet
Ink:  Whisper White, Basic Black marker
Paper:  Old Olive textured, Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White, Cast-a-Spell & Ghostly Greetings DSP
Accessories:  Hexagon punch for the banner ends

No comments: