Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Denbigh

Scrappy Wednesday, y'all!  I have a squirmy hiccupy baby on my lap but he's not crying so I'm gonna attempt to type up this blog post!  One-handed, no less.

I did enough scrapbooking during my pregnancy that I have quite a few layouts that haven't been posted here.  For today I thought we'd go back to Wales, specifically Denbigh Castle.


A lot of times I'll try a few arrangements of photos before I settle on what I want to do, and I usually snap pics of them so I can compare the options.  So there's the one I didn't choose.  (The blank space in the upper right would have been for journaling.)


And here's the finished layout!  See the pics here


I've been using Jayne's Type for the titles of almost all my Wales pages.  The stylized sun is from Moroccan Nights.


Today's color palette:  Crushed Curry, Delightful Dijon, Cajun Craze, Gumball Green, Mossy Meadow, Basic Gray, and Whisper White.  I usually wouldn't pair Gumball Green (the patterned paper) and Mossy Meadow (the darker green photo mats), but it seemed to work on this layout so I went with it. 

I have SO MANY castle pictures (not complaining) that are a lot of gray, and then grass and sky, so it's a bit of a challenge sometimes to make the scrapbook pages for each one unique.  But since the main color is gray that means I can be more adventurous with the other colors I choose for the layout.  If you're curious, you can see more castle scrapbook pages here:  Rhuddlan Castle, Alnwick Castle, Chepstow Catsle, and Cardoness.  I've got more that I haven't posted yet :)

Squirt is crying now so I'd better get this posted so I can go change a diaper.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Jayne's Type Alphabet, Moroccan Nights
Ink:  Delightful Dijon, Cajun Craze, Basic Gray marker
Paper:  Crushed Curry textured, Mossy Meadow, Whisper White, Gumball Green DSP
Accessories:  None

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Yep, first things first -- a dry diaper. Funny! Very nice scrapbook layout. I hope Robin looks at these. She enjoys looking at other's artwork.