Monday, March 27, 2017

Return of the Baylor Bear

Mornin', y'all!  It's not yet five in the morning here but I suppose I keep odd hours with the wee babe in the house.  At any rate, I got to sneak down to my craft room yesterday to make a card!  (I kinda started on a scrapbook layout too but who knows how long it will take me to finish that!)


I found myself in need of a bear-themed thank you card so of course my bear from Thankful Forest Friends was the first stamp to come to mind.  (I'm still in love with this bear, even if he's retired.)  I used last week's Freshly Made Sketch:


Just because of the direction the bear is facing, I basically did a mirror image of the sketch because that looked better to me (if I'd done the sketch exactly as drawn, with the bear {smaller butterfly element} on the right and the sentiment on the left, it would have looked like he was pooping words!).  I had originally *planned* to do just a simple one-layer card (well, with the bear popped up) but I messed up the yellow splats the first time I stamped it, so I ended up cutting that card front up and flipping the paper over to salvage it.  I do like the extra layers though, those striped make me happy :)  Plus that got a bit more green on my card, and I love green.

In other bear news, here's our little polar bear and his first snow from earlier this month:


Those polar bear jammies are one of the few clothing items that I've bought for Ryan :)  We didn't have him outside for very long; he seemed pretty unimpressed with the snow but since it's his first one we had to take a few pictures.  See how the tree is blooming here?  After the cold snap and the snow, all those blossoms went DED.  Like, they all turned brown and are hanging off the trees like little bats.  The trees are still getting a few leaves on them, though.

Well, baby polar bear has had a bottle and is going back to sleep, so maybe I can do the same!  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Thankful Forest Friends (retired), Touches of Texture, Swan Lake (sentiment)
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Garden Green, Early Espresso
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Thick Whisper White, Garden Green DSP
Accessories:  Dimensionals, Brights Candy Dots (retired)

4 comments:

CCsMom said...

That does look odd -- the snow and the blossoms together. How strange. Cute picture, though! I know Lee is thrilled with his little boy. It only gets better!

Nice card, too. I do like how the stripes around the border really brighten it up. And they do tend to make a person happy!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow your little guy is just adorable! I love new babies.....even though they are a lot of work! Glad you managed to sneak in your craft room and create that fun bear card for FMS!

Jen Timko said...

Oh my goodness, he is so sweet! Poor sad, cold trees though. What a fun card this is. So glad you could join us this week at FMS!

Amy O said...

I have many Baylor friends who would love to receive this card! So cute! As is that sweet baby -- adorable! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!