Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Nijo Castle

Hey y'all, how's your Wednesday going?  I'm working on getting Ryan on a regular schedule for feedings and naps, so wish me luck with that.  Although he is asleep right now, so I call that a win.

Anyway, we're back to Japan for today's scrapbook layout.


See the pictures here if you're interested.  Nijo Castle is in Kyoto, Japan, which we visited in October of 2009.  I skip around a lot when I'm choosing pictures to scrapbook, but I am making an effort to get my older pictures scrapped sooner rather than later.  I'm afraid that I've forgotten details for most everything before I started my blog, so journaling those pages will be interesting :p  It really does help me to look at old blog posts when I do journaling on my scrapbook pages.


My page title.  Instead of using white or vanilla for the title block and journaling block, I went with Sahara Sand, just for something a little different.  I meant to use Elegant Eggplant for the page base, and it wasn't until I had a bunch of stuff stuck down that I realized I accidentally used my last two pieces of Eggplant Envy instead.  Yes, it's still purple, but it's a few shades lighter than Elegant Eggplant--you can see the photo mats on the bottom of the pages are darker purple than the background.  It's okay that I used the lighter color, I think it still looks fine, but I wish I'd realized before I stuck things down so I could have made a conscious decision whether or not to use up the last of my Eggplant Envy.  I may have color hoarding problems.


Today's color palette:  Elegant Eggplant (and Eggplant Envy, but I don't have a cardstock swatch for it since I'm now completely out of that color), Taken with Teal, Old Olive, and Sahara Sand.

I'm off to do dishes and maybe even work in my craft room before Ryan wakes up.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Lovely Letters Alphabet, Sweet Shoppe Alphabet, Bella's Bloom
Ink:  Elegant Eggplant, Taken with Teal, Sahara Sand
Paper:  Elegant Eggplant, Eggplant Envy, Taken with Teal, Old Olive, Sahara Sand, Sweet Pea DSP
Accessories:  None

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Beautiful! That last picture shows the juxtaposition of old world and new with the cars in the foreground. I know you are reliving all these memories as you scrapbook them. So awesome.