Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Polynesian Cultural Center

Mornin', y'all.  I'm a little grumpy today because little dog woke me up at 1:30, and then little baby woke me up at 3:30 and didn't want to go back to sleep EVER.  Yeah, that was fun.

So anyway, let's take a look at another scrapbook layout today, shall we?


These pics are from the Polynesian Cultural Center in Hawaii; see them (and more) here.  Somehow I managed to whittle down the pictures A LOT to only have one layout instead of, like, three.  I try to limit stuff to one layout because I still have zillions of pictures left to scrap, but sometimes things do get multiple pages.  But anyway, I was rather pleased with this one, click on it to see it bigger.


Today's color palette is straight from the Botanical Gardens DSP:  Old Olive, Mossy Meadow (retired), Cajun Craze, Hello Honey (retired), and Whisper White.  Normally I wouldn't have paired Old Olive and Mossy Meadow so I was surprised how much I liked them together.  It took me forever to get to this color combination...I'm wearing a red shirt in the photos, but most of the flowers are more magenta, and red + magenta is clashy so I was kinda stuck for a bit.  Then I decided to ignore the red and magenta altogether and use deep dark orange Cajun Craze just as an accent color, with the greens as the main colors and voila!  It worked.

I'm off to eat breakfast and feed Ryan too.  He's a lot cuter at 8:30 when he wants to talk to me than at 3:30 when we should all be sleeping.  I'mma teach this kid somehow...sleep is GOOD.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Summer Silhouettes, Rose Wonder
Ink:  Cajun Craze, Hello Honey, Mossy Meadow marker
Paper:  Old Olive textured, Mossy Meadow, Thick Whisper White, Botanical Gardens DSP
Accessories:  Rose Garden Thinlits

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Doesn't work to send HIM to obedience classes, does it?!!! Very nice layout. It feels tropical to me.