Wednesday, May 17, 2017

St. Isaac's Cathedral

Sooooo I was planning to make a card yesterday to post today, but instead I knuckled down and worked on that honeymoon album a bit.  Once I do some journaling and a wee bit of stamping, I'll have three more layouts completed for it which means only FIVE more left!  Woo.

So anyway, how's about some more scrapbook pages today!


Wow, that picture is crooked.  Tilt your head to the right ;)  Pictures are from another cathedral in St. Petersburg that we visited when we went on our Baltic cruise in 2014 (wow, three years ago already!).  See them close up here.  My favorite thing in this cathedral was the malachite columns, which you can see behind me in the picture on the bottom of the right page, so I decided to highlight them a bit by making my page base Emerald Envy.  And then that led me to the Moroccan DSP, which is retiring along with the Moroccan Nights stamp set.  Get that stamp set ASAP, I love it!  I'm sure it will make several more appearances in my scrapbook pages.


My title today is brought to us by the long-retired Letterpress and Rough Edges alphabets.  There's no apostrophe in the Letterpress Alphabet set, so I stamped the dot from the exclamation point (also used for the period), and then drew in the tail to make the apostrophe.


Some stamped accents to match the patterned paper.


I took the color palette directly from the Moroccan DSP:  Emerald Envy, Dapper Denim, Delightful Dijon, Early Espresso (I know it looks black, but it's not), and Very Vanilla.

Sounds like the kiddo wants his next bottle, so I'd better scarf down the rest of my breakfast so I can take care of him.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Letterpress Alphabet, Rough Edges Alphabet, Moroccan Nights
Ink:  Dapper Denim, Early Espresso
Paper:  Emerald Envy, Dapper Denim, Delightful Dijon, Very Vanilla, Moroccan DSP
Accessories:  square punches, postage stamp punch

1 comment:

Tanya said...

NICE punctuation!! And, really lovely layout too!