Thursday, July 13, 2017

Cherry Vanilla Coke Bear

Mornin', y'all!  How's your day going so far?  Ryan decided to wake up at 5:30 this morning; I was not amused.  But I'm working on my morning cuppa so things are improving :)  Now if I could convince Ryan that *he* doesn't want my tea.  He's also helping me type (read:  making it more difficult).

How about a beary adorable card?


I got Baby Bear last year I think when it was on sale from Stampin' Up! and this is the first time I've gotten it inked up.  The inside of the card says "beary much" because OF COURSE IT DOES.  I was inspired by the Cupcake Inspirations color challenge:


This made me think of cherry vanilla Cokes from Sonic, which I miss but I quit drinking Coke almost three years ago.  Anyway!  I used Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, and Early Espresso.

I was also inspired by this sketch from Clean & Simple:


So glad they've started posting there again.  My bear image ended up being larger than planned, so the sentiment ended up migrating to the bottom panel, but I did at least start with this layout.

Okay, Ryan is totally getting grabby-hands with the keyboard so I'm going to go try to wear him out so he'll take a nap.  He did NOT want to nap yesterday!  Oy.

Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Baby Bear
Ink:  Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  retired Cherry Cobbler ribbon

5 comments:

CCsMom said...

LOVE the colors! Very (or should I say "Beary") nice!!!

I've had Clara on my lap in front of my computer before, and I'm sure she'd had experience with Adam and Adrienne in that regard. They pick it up quickly and it just seems like SO MUCH FUN!!! Too, the kid already knows how to swipe. How in the world do they learn these things THAT EARLY?!!! Just crazy.

Kiss those sweet, puffy cheeks for me. I know you are enjoying this time of Ryan's life. Savor every second.

Natasha said...

Ooh I love this! The colours you chose from that inspiration photo are perfect! So glad to see you playing along with the sketch challenge this week!

Quillish said...

This is so cute! Perfect way to put the colours from the cupcake inspiration challenges Christy. Beary clever of you :) Thankyou for joining us at Cupcake Inspiration challenges, hope to see your lovely cards soon again! Ishani x

Jenni's Jems said...

Gorgeous card !x

CupcakeInspirations said...

You've colored this darling bear so very well! Great use of this week's colors at Cupcake Inspirations!
Debbie