Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Fancy Fold Stars

Hey, y'all!  Today is my dad's birthday, but unfortunately I just made his card yesterday so I don't think it's going to get there on time...it hasn't gone out in the mail yet.  Oops!  (Let's not even talk about how I forgot to send out several other cards from earlier this month!)  But at least I got one made.


I had so much fun with the dinosaur card last week that I decided to make another bridge card for Dad.  I wanted to do stars and stripes (because...July) so the latest color challenge at Sunday Stamps worked really well for me:


This is my first time to play along over there.  I used Cherry Cobbler, Smoky Slate, Lost Lagoon, and Night of Navy for my colors, and wrote a message to my dad on the back of the card.  All the stamps I used today are retired but so's my dad ;)

Hope you have a great day!  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Be the Star, Happiest Birthday Wishes (both retired)
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Smoky Slate, Night of Navy
Paper:  Lost Lagoon, Smoky Slate, Thick Whisper White, DSP in Cherry Cobbler and Night of Navy
Accessories:  retired Stars Framelits, Metallic Enamel Shapes

3 comments:

CCsMom said...

VERY nice. You know me and how much I like patriotic things! Super!

Claire Broadwater said...

What a fun patriotic card, Christy! Your dad will love it! Love the stripes and polka dots! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

Heidi Baks said...

Very fun card and great for this week's theme! And neat fold - that one is new to me. Great to "see" you Christy! Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps this week.