Friday, July 14, 2017

Happy Bird-Day!

Happy Friday, y'all!  My little monster is on his playmat on the floor next to me (and hence NOT "helping" me type!) making monster noises while chomping on a giraffe toy.  I love my little weirdo.

Card time!


My friend Missy's birthday was yesterday (HI MISSY!!!!) and for some reason I kept thinking it was much later in the month, maybe I was mixing her up with my "niece" Emma?  I don't know.  I plead mommy brain.  But I made this for her and I've got a li'l something to go with it next time I see Missy.  It's a 5" square card because of this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And I also used this week's Color Throwdown:


I used Melon Mambo, Flirty Flamingo (because DUH flamingo!), and Cucumber Crush.  You might be looking at my card and thinking where's the second pink shade?  If you look at the flamingo, she's actually two colors.  I inked up the stamp with Flirty Flamingo, and then used a sponge dauber to add darker Melon Mambo ink on her legs and head.  Promise I used two pinks.

Hope you have a lovely Friday.  I'm going to play with my monster baby until I can convince him that naps are goooooood.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Pop of Paradise, Cool Treats, No Bones About It
Ink:  Flirty Flamingo, Melon Mambo, Cucumber Crush, Basic Black
Paper:  Cucumber Crush, Melon Mambo, Thick Whisper White, Pop of Pink DSP (retired)
Accessories:  Dimensionals, Metallic Enamel Shapes

3 comments:

Jen Timko said...

So, so cute! Love the flamingo and your background stamping. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Amy O said...

These colors are fresh and fun! I love the flamingo too. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Broni said...

Awesome card, Christy!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!