Thursday, July 27, 2017

Hey, Friend

Mornin', y'all!  Or should I say...


Hey, FRIEND.  I do love that sentiment stamp.  I'm not sure how much I like the rest of the card for today though...but not every card can be your favorite, right?  Time to share a secret:  I added the rhinestones because one of them is covering an ink smudge.  Oops.

I started with this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And combined it with the Color Throwdown:


I used Rose Red (I was going to do Berry Burst but I decided to dust off the long-neglected Rose Red instead), Crushed Curry, and Old Olive.  My Old Olive ink pad is extra juicy and came out a lot darker than I expected.  Might have to have another go at this color combination, I like it and I don't think I did it justice.

Anyway, my kiddo is already getting kinda fussy and ready for a nap and it's not even 8:00 yet.  Best go tend the munchkin.  Have a great day, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Orange Blossom
Ink:  Rose Red, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Rhinestones

6 comments:

CCsMom said...

When I first logged on, my thought was "hey, cheerful!" So yeah, I'm on board with this! Maybe it's all the white space that's throwing you off. I think it's good!

Kathy said...

I think your card is lovely...a great take on the sketch actually stamping and not using paper or die cuts.....the rhinestones are a nice addition!

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet cascade of flowers! And Yep I have used a rhinestone or two in my day to cover an oops!m sweet card! Glad you shared it at FMS!

Stampingcountry said...

Fun, Clean & fresh look!

Broni said...

I love your "path" of flowers! Pretty card!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Kim S said...

I thought most embellishments were to cover ink spots!! I love your cheerful flowers on that simple strip - perfect for a "friend" card. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.