Saturday, July 1, 2017

Ice Cream Saturday

Hola, peeps!  Wow, it was a busy week.  We had the hubs' promotion ceremony yesterday morning, then hosted a big shindig at our house last night--we had over 30 people in the house!  Aaaaand I think I bought enough food for three times that many.  We have a freezer full of ice cream right now, I ain't even joking!


So I have ice cream on the brain.  And this seemed like a good time to break out Cool Treats again.  The ice cream is all stamped, but really it looks the same as if I just cut the ice cream scoops out of three colors of cardstock.  The bowl and spoon are die cut from silver foil paper...usually I take pictures earlier in the day and the light is a little better, this pic came out kinda dark on the ice cream bowl.  It's a bit brighter IRL.

First up I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


My main panel ended up being a leeetle bit larger than necessary for strict adherence to the sketch, so I extended the strip all the way to the edges of my card.

The Global Design Project color challenge seemed pretty ice creamy:


Nice and summery :)

Well, the hubs and I are taking advantage of grandparents being in town and we're going to the movies by ourselves here in a little bit, and then out to dinner afterwards.  Then maybe we'll come home and eat more ice cream...right now I think we have enough ice cream to last until the zombie apocalypse.

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Cool Treats
Ink:  Pool Party, Lemon Lime Twist, Berry Burst
Paper:  Pool Party, Lemon Lime Twist, Thick Whisper White, Silver Foil, Color Theory DSP
Accessories:  Frozen Treats Framelits, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Thoughts by B and M said...

The black raspberry is delicious! I might be raiding your freezer again, lol! Also, about half of the 30 were kids...so loud, lol! So fun though!!!