Monday, July 24, 2017

Lunch on Long-ji (Guilin)

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  We are all socked in with clouds as far as the eye can see, so to combat all the gray I present one very bright and summery scrapbook layout:


Seems like I haven't posted any China layouts lately, though I have been making some good progress on that project.  So!  These pics are from our lunch stop midway through a mountain climb near Guilin (see them here).  I read somewhere once upon a time that the color orange makes people hungry, and that's why restaurants decorate with it.  Don't know if that's true or not, but orange seemed like a good idea for these pages so I went with it and I love it :)


The only stamping on the page is part of the title; for the rest of it, I used some most excellent watercolor-style patterned paper so it was easy breezy beautiful.


Today's bright and fun color palette:  Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green, Island Indigo, Night of Navy, and Whisper White.  I have another China layout on my desk right now that I'm working on; maybe I'll make some progress on it once Ryan goes down for his nap.  When he wakes up next time, I'm going to try taking him to the gym...they  have a place where they watch kiddos while you work out, so we're going to give it a shot and see how it goes.  Wish us luck!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Rough Type
Ink:  Night of Navy
Paper:  Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green, Island Indigo, Whisper White, Perfectly Artistic & Watercolor Wonder DSP
Accessories:  Lettering template

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

From the look on your face, I don't think you were enjoying this lunch very much. Ha! I'm not real adventurous when it comes to food. I guess I'm more of a cautious eater.

Anxious to hear how pipsqueak does at the gym!

Thoughts by B and M said...

Mmmmm! Water buffalo!