Monday, July 31, 2017

Making of Harry Potter

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  Today is J.K. Rowling's birthday (and also Harry Potter's), so that means today is the perfect day to share pages from the Harry Potter studio tour!


I've already shared the layouts from our second visit; this was the first time that hubs and I went (the second time we went with my family when they visited us in England).  You can see those layouts here, here, and here.  And if you look at those, you'll notice that I always do PURPLE when it's Harry Potter related.  Not that I think purple is necessarily Harry's favorite color or anything, but purple just seems like the most magical color to me.


Detail shot of the accents I stamped.  I love these kind of stamps, where it's a pretty design like you might find on tiles or something, to use on my scrapbook pages.  (This one is from the retired stamp set Hello Lovely.)


And here's my second layout.  I did FIVE for the other trip to the studio tour, but this time when we went we only took the little camera and I was more focused on looking at the things on display than I was on taking pictures of them.  And even so I couldn't squeeze everything into one layout ;)


Today's magical color palette consists of Sweet Sugarplum, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, and Whisper White.  Those first three color names sound like a really weird salad.

Okay, it's about time to get the wee bairn off to bed for a nap.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Hello, Lovely
Ink:  Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Blackberry Bliss marker
Paper:  Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Whisper White, Cast-a-Spell DSP, Rich Razzleberry DSP
Accessories:  1" square punch, postage stamp punch

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Butterbeer, anyone? I watched the last Harry Potter movie last night. I need to make time to go through them all again. I really enjoyed revisiting that movie last night -- made me miss Alan Rickman.

Great layout, Chris!!! I enjoyed our trip there!