Thursday, July 20, 2017

Moose & Squirrel!

Well, I meant to make a card for yesterday, or today, but...I got distracted.

By Rocky and Bullwinkle.


Explanation:  when I was little (like, under the age of 7 since it was when we lived in California), my parents used to take my brother and me to Bullwinkle's.  The funny thing is I don't remember anything about actually going there (other than this vague sense of "hey, that was fun!"), but that's where Adam and I got these green headbands with antlers on them that we called "boose ears" and we had those things FOR. EV. ER.  For all I know, there's still some boose ears at my parents' house.  So anyway, back in 2004 the hubs and I were living in North Carolina and we took a road trip down to Myrtle Beach with some friends and we happened to come across a Bullwinkle's restaurant.  I was SO excited I convinced everyone else to go there for dinner.  Turns out it's a lot like Chuck E. Cheese--kinda okay pizza, arcade games, and animatronic characters that put on a show (only these ones are less creepy than a 6-foot-tall rat).  And now I've finally got those pictures scrapped!

Fun fact:  my husband has zero memory of this place.  Or this entire road trip, for that matter.  Of course, he also has no memory of the conversation we had with Bennet and Missy this past Sunday about doing a barbecue this weekend.


The Taffy Alphabet was a bit of an impulse buy but I'm so glad I have it, I love it.  The ampersand is from the Larger than Life alphabet.


So there's my paper-pieced Rocky and Bullwinkle.  I searched for "Bullwinkle line art" on Google and came across this piece on Deviant Art, then printed it off five times on different colors of cardstock and paper-pieced it together (yes, it was a lot of cutting).  The printer toner tended to kind of flake off as I cut around it, so I went over the lines with the fine tip of a black marker when I was done cutting it all out.  Voila, the perfect accent for my page.


Today's color palette:  Glorious Green (if you thought it was Emerald Envy I wouldn't blame you because they're practically THE SAME COLOR), Marina Mist, Hello Honey, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Smoky Slate, Basic Black, and Whisper White.  It's a lot of colors on one layout but I think it works.

Well, Ryan is asleep right now so I'm off to go see what I can do in my craft room this morning before he wakes up.  And maybe even when he's awake; I had him down there yesterday afternoon and he seemed to have fun kicking his helicopter toy around on the floor while I finished up this layout.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, almost all SU!
Stamps:  Taffy Alphabet, Larger than Life Alphabet
Ink:  Glorious Green, Whisper White, Basic Black
Paper:  Glorious Green, Marina Mist, Hello Honey, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Smoky Slate, Thick Whisper White, Marina Mist DSP
Accessories:  Rocky & Bullwinkle clipart

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

That IS just like the one in California. Seems like I have a picture of you and Adam somewhere sitting on Dad's lap and you are looking at each other wearing the Boose ears and cracking up. It was one of the funniest pictures. Maybe I can find it somewhere. Could be in one of the OLD albums I did way back -- the ones in the old-timey scrapbook albums that aren't acid-free. That picture was so funny because each of you thought the other looked SO FUNNY. Adam was still in diapers, so he was probably around 2. Wow, did this bring back memories. I'm not even sure how we happened on this pizza place because it was way north of where we lived. Hmmm.