Thursday, July 6, 2017

Orange Blossom Smile

Happy rainy Thursday, y'all!  It's been raining almost nonstop since sometime in the middle of the night, and it has to be coming down pretty hard for me to hear it in my bedroom on the third floor so yep, water water everywhere.  Good thing all our out-of-town guests left yesterday before the deluge really got going!

I got some time in my craft room this morning to make this:



Oh look, I used the Orange Blossom stamp set to make an ORANGE!  Haha.  The colors are slightly wonky because, as I said, rainrainrain but the orange is stamped with Tangerine Tango and is definitely orange and not red.  And the chevrons are stamped-off Lemon Lime Twist so they actually are the same color as the little leaf sprig behind the orange; it looks like two different colors but it's not.  The bigger leaves ARE a different color (Old Olive) and I think I might not be making sense anymore and the cloudy skies just made the colors look weird so let's juts go with that.  But anyway!  Here's the Global Design Project sketch:


The card above was actually my second hack at this sketch; first I tried doing the chevrons a little offset and I didn't like it as much:


Buuut we need some thank you cards and not every card can be your favorite. 

So the last week and a half has been ridiculously busy with family in town, the hubs' promotion ceremony, party here at the house afterward...so here's one pic from the promotion:


That bow tie!  I DIE OF THE CUTE.  And also my hubs is a dang good-lookin' dude, I'm a lucky lady.  So after all that celebratin', we also had to deal with one girl dog who isn't feeling so hot, and then Saturday night my gallbladder attacked me so we spent the night in the ER.  Fun times.  I'm okay, but I'm not eating ice cream for the foreseeable future, which is a shame because we have a freezer full of it and I'm a sucker for cookies 'n' cream.  I'll have to figure out if the gallbladder and I can reach some kind of truce or if I need to declare war and have it annihilated.

Well, I'm going to take advantage of sleeping babe and see if I can get anything else done in my craft room.  I've missed it!  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU! (first card)
Stamps:  Orange Blossom, Work of Art, Dragonfly Dreams
Ink:  Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, Lemon Lime Twist, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black
Paper:  Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Paper snips?  Do those count as an accessory?

Supplies, all SU! (second card)
Stamps:  Orange Blossom, Work of Art, Dragonfly Dreams
Ink:  Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Basic Black
Paper:  Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Paper snips

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

That's a GREAT photo! Ryan didn't quite know what to make of it all, but he was in a good mood anyway. So cute. That was a wonderful day with all the family together and the very special occasion!!! So proud!